• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have rabbits insured with Agria? Experiences, please

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Hi All

I'm on the look out for reliable insurance again.

I just wondered if anyone can share their experience of claiming with Agria or what the year-on-year premium increases are like?

In the distant past Agria quotes always seemed to be higher than others so never ventured there but they are looking competitive at the moment.

I made the HUGE mistake of insuring Ruben with NCI two years ago and it's been a stressful journey. I wish I'd recorded the conversation but I was told by them that they didn't increase the premium throughout the life of the pet:? That seemed a bit too good to be true. I have insured quite a few rabbits since with Helpucover and been very happy with them (but Ruben is now nearly 5 so too old to swap to Helpucover as they don't start policies for over 4 year olds).

NCI didn't pay out on Ruben's dental despite their terms and conditions being (as far as I can see) identical on that aspect to Petplan who have consistently paid out for dentals. I chose them with their higher premium over Helpucover for the dental cover! :censored: Well, Ruben's renewal, despite them not paying out has gone from £127 the first year to £142 last year to this year ... £213. I was already prepared for ditching them this year but that is outrageous. Premium for Agria (not like-for-like, just vet fees, which is all i have ever used) is £112.

So, I will be moving to Agria as it is either that or no insurance in his individual case as I have nothing to lose. I'm also toying with the idea of swapping some of the others to Agria if I can get enough good vibes about them.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:
No I haven't heard of them. I've gone right off pet insurance companies. Last claim for about £400, we only got back £133. They keep changing their policies. I pay £26 a month for two pets even though I never claimed for five years until the £400 this year.

Hi BB, Toby was insured with Agria and they paid out fine for everything.

I would advice you to use the website and sign up yourself as opose to signing via the call centre. I don't think the call centre staff are very well trained and I had lots of problems with duplicate accounts for Toby some being taken monthly and some was for full yearly payment! I have since registered Dennis when they had their age amnesty and I set his up online with no problems

My mum has Agria for all her animals and they seem to have paid out for existing illnesses too (probably not intentionally) but she has not had any trouble either.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hi BB, Toby was insured with Agria and they paid out fine for everything.

I would advice you to use the website and sign up yourself as opose to signing via the call centre. I don't think the call centre staff are very well trained and I had lots of problems with duplicate accounts for Toby some being taken monthly and some was for full yearly payment! I have since registered Dennis when they had their age amnesty and I set his up online with no problems

My mum has Agria for all her animals and they seem to have paid out for existing illnesses too (probably not intentionally) but she has not had any trouble either.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that Loobers, that's really helpful and positive, especially the bolded bit. I ticked 'yes' to him having had vet treatment to which the generic wording said he wouldn't be covered of it. I rang to ask as it was "stasis" we are talking about and the guy on the phone said that they don't have 'pre-existing conditions/exclusions' as such but if you put in a claim they will consider it - with them asking the vet if it was connected to previous - if the vet says no then they consider it a legitimate claim. With Ruben NCI didn't pay out for the dental but I didn't swap him to Helpucover because his records, when he first presented needing a dental say, "Looks like start of stasis".. the dental sorted it so of course it 'looked like stasis' but that doesn't mean he has GI problems :roll: Helpucover needed a letter from the vets blah blah and would remove the exclusion if x, y, z etc, I gave up and just stayed with NCI an extra year. But I'm feeling positive about Agria, he won't be covered for dental but he's only had the one dental so far, shortly after I got him so just winging it on that one!

Thanks again.

Back