• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on Bonding with my adopted rabbit

Foxxey

New Kit
Hello everyone!

I'm New here, from Singapore. You can call me Foxxey!:D
Recently, i adopted a grey rabbit, he's name is grumpy (due to his look of him always frowning and the behavior), around 2 years old.
Here's a picture of him.
9c0x6KC.jpg

Long Story short, From what i know about him, He was born without much human interactions, usually neglected and stay in cage. No grooming done & His elder brother died infront of him too.
After i brought him back to my house, i made a open space place for him. However he tend to hate human trying to stroke him or feed as he always stomp his feet in displeased.
He is very well obedient, but he always stay in his area and his igloo hideout. I tried to hand fed but he sniff a little, got frighten and went to hide. :(

How can i make him bond/open up with me as this is a first time i got a rabbit.

Thank you!!

Hello and welcome. All you can do is be very patient with him, maybe sit on the floor with some treats and let him come to you. It takes lots of time for a rabbit to learn to trust you. He won't like you picking him up or brushing him as it will be too scary.

Hi welcome to the forum, and your bunny is gorgeous ! Yes, you need to be very patient with him, let him come to you in his own time, and I'm sure in time he will learn you are not that scary ! Its good that he's got his own hidey place, so that he can feel safe.

Thankyou! i remake the whole entire space for him again, and hes getting excited and tried to approach me bit by bit. Feel so lively!

Back