• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried, confused and desperate

If you can get hold of dual care pellets by burgess they are brilliant, high in fibre 42% and they are used in vet hospitals instead of critical care which is more expensive and less fibre. It has all the vitamins for a rabbit and you can feed them dry or soak them to syringe feed. Doughnut has never done so many poops or so big and she eats them dry now she is well again.

Good luck
Thanks! I will check on that option or similar item if this company does not ship to US. I'm also going to try and feed him the softened pellets that have been his regular feed all these years since they have pro and prebiotics. I don't understand why he seems to have lost the taste for them, even softened with pumpkin. Thanks again!

Last edited:
After my recent experience with dental issues I strongly advise you get a second opinion on his teeth. My Bobby had his teeth checked the week before I adopted him and all were fine, 2 weeks later drinking excessively, stopped eating hay, loosing weight etc
He's 9 so i feared the worst, got the vet to check his teeth "they are fine a few small spurs but nothing that will be causing him any issues". Got a 2nd opinion 2 days later and turns out they really weren't fine, he had bad spurs and a "step" not sure what that's means I was rather emotional that he survived the anaesthetic so was only half listening!

2 days later and he's a different bunny he's eating his hay again and he's back to drinking 200ml rather than 750ml+!!

Unless you have 100% faith in your vet a 2nd opinion from.now on will.always be my first port of call!

After my recent experience with dental issues I strongly advise you get a second opinion on his teeth. My Bobby had his teeth checked the week before I adopted him and all were fine, 2 weeks later drinking excessively, stopped eating hay, loosing weight etc
He's 9 so i feared the worst, got the vet to check his teeth "they are fine a few small spurs but nothing that will be causing him any issues". Got a 2nd opinion 2 days later and turns out they really weren't fine, he had bad spurs and a "step" not sure what that's means I was rather emotional that he survived the anaesthetic so was only half listening!

2 days later and he's a different bunny he's eating his hay again and he's back to drinking 200ml rather than 750ml+!!

Unless you have 100% faith in your vet a 2nd opinion from.now on will.always be my first port of call!
dear buzzwixx619,--thank you-,very well put.!-proper inspection of the mouth/teeth-on a rabbit-,requires [gas]--this destresses the bun and the exotic dvm can do the inspection,and repair as needed..dear ivettef-please donot be upset-on any website you are apt to get a variety of opinions,but this is from experience..please insist on a full frontal facial radiogragh from that a good decision should follow. I pray for you and Houdini..-sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa

Back