• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! - MY timothy hay allergy.

scatter

Alpha Buck
Hi all

After months of testing, I finally found out today that my severe allergy symptoms are caused by being allergic to Timothy Hay (only Timothy). My rabbit is 10 years and nearly 5 months and I am loathe to start making big changes to anything in her diet (she has always had a senstive tum anyway). Has anybody else got any suggestions of how I can overcome this?

Hi all

After months of testing, I finally found out today that my severe allergy symptoms are caused by being allergic to Timothy Hay (only Timothy). My rabbit is 10 years and nearly 5 months and I am loathe to start making big changes to anything in her diet (she has always had a senstive tum anyway). Has anybody else got any suggestions of how I can overcome this?

I would actually try her with a different hay. If it's only Timothy you have a problem with, there are many others to try, which she might like. If she will eat another type of hay I think it's unlikely that it will cause any issues with her tummy.

Hi all

dear scatter,-gee,-are we surprised??--I too have allergies,with chronic c.o.p.d,--I have 2 inhalers,1-advair and 1-proair,--and for allegies-try alkaselter plus for colds,etc-[-asprin-325mg[nsaid]-chlorpheniramine maleate,[2mg]-phenylephrine bitartrate]-7.8mg-effervescent tablets--or benedryl.--timothy grasses are highest in non-digestible fiber,but might try -ie.orchard grasses-or shop on line[oxbow-products]--,bunz must have[70%] grasses-for-[teeth/gitract],,--you are very caring to have your bun-at age 10.5 years,an elderly buns are needy-I am pleased his teeth are still intact,-watch them poops http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html and http://www.medirabbit.com --these two websites have infinite information about bunz,--enjoy,--sorry about your allergies sincerelt james waller from the other kent-usa

I would actually try her with a different hay. If it's only Timothy you have a problem with, there are many others to try, which she might like. If she will eat another type of hay I think it's unlikely that it will cause any issues with her tummy.

Thank you - I have been readin gup and am ordering some Orchard Hay, so hopefully she will take to it!

dear scatter,-gee,-are we surprised??--I too have allergies,with chronic c.o.p.d,--I have 2 inhalers,1-advair and 1-proair,--and for allegies-try alkaselter plus for colds,etc-[-asprin-325mg[nsaid]-chlorpheniramine maleate,[2mg]-phenylephrine bitartrate]-7.8mg-effervescent tablets--or benedryl.--timothy grasses are highest in non-digestible fiber,but might try -ie.orchard grasses-or shop on line[oxbow-products]--,bunz must have[70%] grasses-for-[teeth/gitract],,--you are very caring to have your bun-at age 10.5 years,an elderly buns are needy-I am pleased his teeth are still intact,-watch them poops http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html and http://www.medirabbit.com --these two websites have infinite information about bunz,--enjoy,--sorry about your allergies sincerelt james waller from the other kent-usa

Oh I am sorry to hear of your health issues. Thank you - yes, I'm going to try some orchard grasses...

dear scatter,-all grasses have pollen-sorry if I led you to believe orchard grass was lower in pollen..you might have to wear a -face mask/respirator for handling..and allergy otc med--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

dear scatter,-all grasses have pollen-sorry if I led you to believe orchard grass was lower in pollen..you might have to wear a -face mask/respirator for handling..and allergy otc med--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Hi - no, it's okay it's specifically Timothy Hay that I'm allergic to. All others are fine, so should be okay with them - always was before I started getting Timothy hay - thank you :)

I hope you can find some hay that you aren’t allergic to that your rabbit likes :thumb: my bunnies like sweet green hay from nature’s own as much as Timothy hay so that might be worth a try.

I hope you can find some hay that you aren’t allergic to that your rabbit likes :thumb: my bunnies like sweet green hay from nature’s own as much as Timothy hay so that might be worth a try.

Oh great, thank you. I will take a look:D

Back