• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Red ants

Graciee

Staff member
So ive noticed we have a black ant nest and a red ant nest where I was going to put a rabbit run.. I'm guessing this is a huge problem for the buns, any ideas how I can get rid of them without hurting the buns? TIA x

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

So ive noticed we have a black ant nest and a red ant nest where I was going to put a rabbit run.. I'm guessing this is a huge problem for the buns, any ideas how I can get rid of them without hurting the buns? TIA x

I'm not so sure about the red ones, because they bite, but I noticed a few days ago that there was a black ants' nest in the rabbit run here and the queens (the flying ants) were escaping. I left them and they seem to have all gone now. I don't think the rabbits would touch them.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about the red ones, because they bite, but I noticed a few days ago that there was a black ants' nest in the rabbit run here and the queens (the flying ants) were escaping. I left them and they seem to have all gone now. I don't think the rabbits would touch them.
Yea Idk if the black ones are too much of an issue it's the red ones I'm worried about my boyfriend said we should pour boiling water on the nest [emoji51]

I'd try disturbing the area so the ants decide to move elsewhere.
Unfortunately they're living under the grass it's just their entrance above, one bit me because I was wearing flipflops and walking near [emoji849][emoji38] so I don't think they'll move.. Or if they do it'll be to somewhere else on the lawn which isn't great either

What about leaving the garden hose running for a bit. They'd have to leave if the ground got all soggy, they'd drown otherwise.

wish i knew whqt to do...... i have ant nests all over the place, mostly on the lawn which is ruining the lawn - and also in my strawberry patch.

Back