• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aboleth and people up ladders

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
We had the bunnies out on the lawn today. I put two empty litter bags with homes in the bottom as well as the top so they could hide in them. Lopsy decided to dig in them XD It makes a silly noise.

Then we did some garden stuff. Matt went up a ladder to clear the gutters out and I heard what sounded like a thump, so I turned around while I was holding the ladder and Aboleth had totally freaked out. She was hyperalert, running, thumping, watching from the farthest points of the lawn. Lopsy, meanwhile, was superchilled next to us against the side of the pen. Aboleth followed us when we moved to the garage roof, coming into the hutch to watch, although she stopped thumping. She then wouldn't acknowledge either of us for a good hour! She's been fine since though, and Lopsy was totally chilled throughout.

She freaked out when next door was up on the roof too, so she's obviously got something about people being up ladders :S Could be awkward when we get building works done!

Mine are the same! We have a telegraph pole right outside and Men occasionally have to climb up to the top. Last time it happened I covered Norton and Pickle as they were really frightened as they are quite close.

We had the bunnies out on the lawn today. I put two empty litter bags with homes in the bottom as well as the top so they could hide in them. Lopsy decided to dig in them XD It makes a silly noise.

Then we did some garden stuff. Matt went up a ladder to clear the gutters out and I heard what sounded like a thump, so I turned around while I was holding the ladder and Aboleth had totally freaked out. She was hyperalert, running, thumping, watching from the farthest points of the lawn. Lopsy, meanwhile, was superchilled next to us against the side of the pen. Aboleth followed us when we moved to the garage roof, coming into the hutch to watch, although she stopped thumping. She then wouldn't acknowledge either of us for a good hour! She's been fine since though, and Lopsy was totally chilled throughout.

She freaked out when next door was up on the roof too, so she's obviously got something about people being up ladders :S Could be awkward when we get building works done!

Must be like a human raptor in the sky :lol: Tui acts like this with wheelbarrows, which go past her. I think it's all down to poor eyesight, which makes poorly-sighted buns feel more vulnerable.

Must be like a human raptor in the sky :lol: Tui acts like this with wheelbarrows, which go past her. I think it's all down to poor eyesight, which makes poorly-sighted buns feel more vulnerable.
Ooh, that makes a lot of sense! Lopsy's practically deaf but his fight-or-flight response (just flight in his case) is well-developed so he must see or smell bad things (although he looks like he's listening, his ears are very swingy :D We always ask him what he thinks he's perceiving, as >50% of the time it's nothing). Aboleth, missing an eye, does sometimes go off on one with the weirdest things, and so it makes more sense, she can only watch from one side, she's lost 180° of vision pretty much! Although both of them went mental when I put a big green bag (looks like a cloth barrel) of forage down within sight of them, and they don't for one SECOND like anything bigger than the watering can next to the run!

Mine are the same! We have a telegraph pole right outside and Men occasionally have to climb up to the top. Last time it happened I covered Norton and Pickle as they were really frightened as they are quite close.
Oh dear! I've tried covering mine up (to avoid cats) but Lopsy gets really stressed :S

Back