• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lonely rabbit

Nic.

Warren Scout
After 3 losses in less than 6 months (unrelated.. all rabbits were vaccinated) my remaining rabbit seems to be struggling. He's now on his own after going from a group in the beginning of the year. My last rabbit died 3 weeks ago and he seemed fine at first but he's quite an antisocial thing so doesn't seem to take any comfort in me being there, he also has has stasis for the last week. I've taken him to the vet and I've been medicating him but he isn't back to normal yet. I'll take him back to the vet this week to get his teeth checked but i know the answer is probably to get another rabbit which I will do when I can however I'm about to move across the country so I can't really subject another rabbit to that move. I'm also very tight on cash with the move and all of their vet bills at the moment (They all had insurance but not everything paid out - preexisting conditions/dental problems etc) and I'm going back to university full time so I need to find a part time job first so another rabbit is probably atleast a few months away. My question is, is there anything I can do to help in the meantime? He's in my bedroom at home right now, when I move he'll be in the living room which I'm hoping will help a bit. I've been changing his set up alot so he doesn't get bored but I don't know if that's actually unsettling him. Does anyone have any tips please? I have a little toy rabbit for him but he doesn't seem bothered about that either.

Thanks for any help

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’m so sorry you are in this situation :cry: if he hasn’t already got a large area I would rabbit proof so he can have constant access to a bigger area, give him lots of mental stimulation like a treat ball to put his pellets in, edible twigs such as apple tree sticks, willow tunnels for him to go in/chew, chill and chew mats to dig, chew and flop on, something for him to jump on or go under like a small table or hide.

I’m so sorry you are in this situation :cry: if he hasn’t already got a large area I would rabbit proof so he can have constant access to a bigger area, give him lots of mental stimulation like a treat ball to put his pellets in, edible twigs such as apple tree sticks, willow tunnels for him to go in/chew, chill and chew mats to dig, chew and flop on, something for him to jump on or go under like a small table or hide.
Thanks for your advice! He has the full run of my bedroom. I'm moving next week though and he'll be in a large pen in the living room with the possibility of eventually being fully free range if he behaves himself haha. I got him some edible twigs and he wasn't fussed. I've spent the last couple of days just hanging out in my bedroom more so he's not completely alone and leaving the radio on when I'm not there and he does seem slightly better. I'll probably end up with another bunny sooner rather than later though as nothing's making a huge difference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back