• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pepper's at the vets

Thank you everyone :love:
I popped down the vets with some food for him and he does look a little better. Sitting up rather than tummy down like he was before. He even gave a carrot top a teeny nibble. I'm certainly feeling more optimistic than i was this afternoon. Didn't realise how much I miss him.

Just picking up on this Mikek. Sounds a bit more positive for Pepper and your quick actions getting him to the vet certainly has made a difference. Hopefully the meds will continue to ease things for Pepper and I'm hoping to read some updates tomorrow. Sending loads of vibes for Pepper. xx

happy to hear Pepper sounds a little better, sending loads of nomming and pooping vibes for your little guy xx

I am sorry Pepper has been poorly :( lots of get well vibes being sent for you lovely pepper xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Sending lots more vibes for Pepper. Have you heard how he is this morning?

Hi Omi, thanks for the vibes.
Just sat here waiting for the vet to call - trying to resist the temptation to call them. They opened at 8:00 so I'm assuming no news isn't bad news.
My son called me late(ish) last night which obviously had me in a panic when the phone rang.

I had spotted a nice doe on a local rescue place's website last Tuesday & had contacted them. They had reserved her & things were in progress but I called them yesterday to say I have put everything on hold while Pepper is ill.

Thank you, everyone:love:

I just called the vets & it is good news :D
He's on meds & is fighting the nurses now when they try & give it him. 'Fiesty' is their description :D . Good boy.
He's eaten some veg and pellets & has passed some poo & wee!

They say is stomach doesn't feel so big & solid & think he's on the mend. They're going to keep him in this morning for me to pick him up at 2pm.

They're not sure why is stomach was like it was but think that as he's molting it was possibly a hair blockage.

So relieved!

He will be on meds for a few days longer which might be a bit of a problem - just in a practical sense. Apart from yesterday & today he hasn't been picked up for a year and won't even allow strokes. He tends to bite too. It's gonna be pretty difficult!

Last edited:
Phew, what a relief :D You've got a pretty little doe waiting for you Pepper, if you're a good boy and take your meds.

Glad to hear that he’s back to his feisty self. When it comes to meds, perhaps he’ll take them on a bit of food? I managed to panacur all my buns recently by squirting it onto a fenugreek crunchie. Good luck!

*................and breathe......................*

What a relief !! I hope he'll be able to return home later today x

Back