• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pepper's at the vets

I hope things settle down for Pepper. Not sure what is going on - perhaps it might be relative to the apples? Topping up the vibes for Pepper and also make sure you take some time for yourself Mike. I know it's a stressful time worrying about bunnies and that drains you so you need to find some space for yourself too.

Could you remove the apples to see if there is any improvement without them? My bun loves banana, but then day after he will have funny poops so sadly he can no longer have that treat

Ugh, Pepper is at the vets again, maybe an overnight. Seems to be same issue as last August (blocked tummy??).

He looked a bit subdued yesterday evening & very subdued this morning when I let them out at about 07:00. I brought him inside 08:00 (being able to catch him is a bad sign) and could hear he was occasionally grating his teeth so I gave him a dose of Metacam. He was no better by lunchtime so I called the vet and took him in late afternoon. After the vet examined him I left him there and am waiting for a call. Nothing yet.

Forgot to ask the vet to check his teeth.

Oh no Pepper :( I hope that the vets can quickly establish what the problem is and make him feel better. I hope you hear from the vets soon with some positive news.

thank you everyone :love:
no news yet. dunno what's going on but he's in the best place he can be rn.

Oh no, I'm sorry to read that Pepper is poorly [emoji17]

I guess no news is good news if you haven't heard from the vet yet. Although, I know from my own experience it's really difficult if you don't know what's going on. You just need a bit of encouraging news such as if they've pooped or eaten a little bit for themselves.

Sending lots of vibes for Pepper xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Sorry to read that Pepper is unwell again. Huge credit to you for being so quickly on top of it and being very in tune with Pepper. That shows you have developed a strong connection and developed that special bunny sixth sense that many of us know well. Pepper is really lucky to have you as his guardian angel.
Sending loads of vibes for him. Leo sends nose rubs and Lillian sends some special bunny licks for him. Xx

21:45 vet just phoned. I was in bed and nearly broke the stairs running down to pick up the phone.
i was very worried when I answered & heard t was the vet but apparently Pepper is slightly better and the vet is cautiously optimistic, he's pretty young (in his 20's I guess) but seems pretty good. Aussie or NZ. i'm certain Pepper is in good hands.

thank you all for your concern :) and Lillian & Leo too for nose rubs :love:

fingers and paws crossed.

Oh I'm so pleased that he's doing ok Mike, really hope he has a good night, and you get better news in the morning. Hope you get a good sleep too xx

Hope that Pepper has improved during the night and can come home to Tulip today. I would have been shocked to get a phone call at that time from the vets too.

Back