• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's been a long night...

Thanks Craig and J&B.

Snoopy's appetite seems to be almost back to normal. He's still having a major strop though and is refusing to come out of the bedroom like a moody teenager. Fudgie has been popping in to see him. He's mainly not been reacting to her and letting her potter about without chasing her out or lunging at her, which is positive. However she did get a bit cocky earlier and started to sniff his feet. He jumped up and grunted. The fun will really start when he decides to venture out of the bedroom. If past form is anything to go by, Fudgie will have become territorial over the living room and will keep chasing him back in the bedroom. He'll then spend a few days slowly creeping his way back out.

I honestly have absolutely no idea who the top bun is. I think they're both dominant so on paper their bond shouldn't work. Fudgie grooms Snoopy all the time but he rarely returns the favour despite her nagging him to do so. At the same time she bosses him around a lot and he seems to have accepted the role of henpecked husbun. He was definitely top bun when he was bonded with Peanut Butter.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I'm glad that Snoopy is almost back to normal eating wise.

As far as their relationship goes, if it wasn't so worrying, it would be enormously funny. I'm glad it seems to be following a familiar pattern though.

Sending lots of stop-being-silly-bunnies vibes.

Hi J&B, thanks for asking.

Well, we're pretty much at stalemate still. The great sulk is continuing and Snoopy is still refusing to come out of the bedroom. He is eating and pooping fine and he's bright and alert. In fact he was banging and crashing around at 6 this morning.

Fudgie pops in to see him every so often. They've been going nose to nose for a few seconds then both backing off. So they're sorting themselves out, albeit very slowly. I've decided to leave them to it even if it takes a while. We get the occassional grunt from him but he generally doesn't mind her being in the bedroom with him now. He's even happy for her to use his litter tray. I think if I try and force the issue I may do more harm than good. I'm just sitting back and keeping an eye in case it starts to heat up again. I'm still taking the precaution of closing off the bedroom when I can't supervise.

Fudgie is causing concern herself now. Since yesterday she has started sneezing a lot. I gave her a good check over. Nose is dry, no sign of discharge, dampness or crusting on her paws or dewlap. I've booked her in to be checked over by the vet on Monday morning. She seems fine in herself and is eating and drinking and pooping normally but this is obviously something that needs looking in to.

It's not unusual for Snoopy to spend several days sulking after a vet trip and being nursed through a stasis episode and then being grouchy towards poor Fudgie. But I'm also wondering now whether he's picking up that she's harbouring an illness and that's another reason why he's bullying her a bit.

ETA: just as I was about to press send she started grooming him, so that's a positive! Hopefully that will remind Snoopy it's a lot nicer to be friends!

This all seems very sensible Scrappy, they appear to have their own way of working things out so who are we to say it should be done differently great to hear the update about kisses.

I hope the sneezing is nothing to worry about - a piece of hay up the nose maybe (FHB said that was actually quite common)or a transitory allergen ?. Hopefully the vet trip will put your mind at rest. Fudgie vibes xx

Thanks J&B. I am hoping the vet can get to the bottom of it and it isn't pasturella. A bit of hay up the nose would actually be the best solution. If all physical causes, including infection, are ruled out and an allergy is the likeliest culprit I'm going to be at a bit of a loss. Nothing's changed in their environment, I've never used wood shavings in the litter trays and their food is the same so it would be tricky to isolate what's setting her off.

We're all in the bedroom at the moment. Fudgie's eating hay and Snoopy's scoffing some basil. They're quite close to each other and all remains calm. I think you're right, best to let them deal with each other in their own way. I'm not going to stick my oar in unless I have to!

Hurrah! He finally left the bedroom! He came out and had a run about. I gave them both a treat as a reward. Fudgie tried to steal his one (something she always does but he's not normally bothered by it). He stamped and ran back into the bedroom. I really could kick Fudgie up the bum sometimes!

Anyway, I'm very pleased with how they've progressed today. There have been lots of kisses today and Snoopy is much more chilled around her.

Hurrah! He finally left the bedroom! He came out and had a run about. I gave them both a treat as a reward. Fudgie tried to steal his one (something she always does but he's not normally bothered by it). He stamped and ran back into the bedroom. I really could kick Fudgie up the bum sometimes!

Anyway, I'm very pleased with how they've progressed today. There have been lots of kisses today and Snoopy is much more chilled around her.

good bunnies. Me thinks Fudgie & Booble belong to the same can. Syrup is a member too

So pleased to hear that harmony has been restored, almost ! oh no not a sneezing Fudgie, really hope its just a bit of something stuck up her snoz. Don't these buns love to worry us :roll:

Gah! Fudgie!!! Snoops came out again but she immediately chased him back in again. I knew it was going to happen but still frustrating when I've been waiting four days for him to come out. I wonder how long it'll be this time before she let's him back out. Revenge really is a dish best served cold.

I've decided I'm going to send her up to Lancashire to join her clan member Boozilla. She'll be up tomorrow on the 4 O'clock train ready to terrorise the North West.

Gah! Fudgie!!! Snoops came out again but she immediately chased him back in again. I knew it was going to happen but still frustrating when I've been waiting four days for him to come out. I wonder how long it'll be this time before she let's him back out. Revenge really is a dish best served cold.

I've decided I'm going to send her up to Lancashire to join her clan member Boozilla. She'll be up tomorrow on the 4 O'clock train ready to terrorise the North West.

:lol: no can do i'm afraid Scrappy, we have exceeded our quota of bossy buns in the Trawden warren. Now if snoop want to come to re-cooperate

Well this is good! Happily snoozing away together. Apologies for the poor quality. My tablet doesn't take good pictures.

f6a5ea7c31bb21c69688fb1da92149ae.jpg

Thanks all xx

Well I'm pleased to say things are a lot better today. For the past few nights I've been blocking off the bedroom as the early hours of the morning are when the fights tend to occur and I couldn't guarantee I would get up quickly enough to intervene. But last night I decided to take a gamble and leave the bedroom open. I thought I'd wake up to them either fighting or cuddling. Very pleased to say it was the latter! Snoopy is now out of the bedroom. He took advantage of the fact Fudgie had to go to the vet this morning!

With regards to Fudgie and her sneezing, the vet couldn't find anything obviously wrong clinically. Chest and lungs sound fine, teeth are good and still no discharge. As we can't yet determine the reason for her sneezing so much, the vet has decided to treat initially as if there is an infection. She's started her off on a 7 day course of baytril. If no improvement after 5 days I'm to call back and they'll arrange further investigations, primarily x rays and nose swabs.

So, bit frustrating we haven't got to the bottom of it yet, but I'm pleased the vet is being so proactive and that we have a plan of action.

Back