• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumping when hungry

Orenoko

Mama Doe
I've noticed over the last few days that when Lilac thinks she's about to be fed or it's getting close to dinner time, she thumps. At first I thought something must be upsetting her but she doesn't exhibit any other signs of being threatened or worried, is this something bunnies might do when they want food?

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

My bridge bunny Bam used to thump around 7am for breakfast. He was a naughty devil

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

My bridge bunny Bam used to thump around 7am for breakfast. He was a naughty devil

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
I'm glad it's not just me then! She starts to run around when she thinks it's dinner time and then thumps if she doesn't get fed shortly after. I've never had a bun that does that, and it's quite a recent thing she's started doing so I wasn't 100% sure what it meant.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Bertie sometimes wakes me up with a thump during the night if he feels his bowls need filling!

Sounds like my bun chase. I'd be downstairs doing his supper and you can hear his feet thumping bedroom floor inpatiently saying hurry up human

Loganberry dashes and a million miles an hour around the room at feeding time!

Back