Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparing for the worst

Default Preparing for the worst

Honey has declined over the last few weeks. All seemed well but her eye has got enflamed again and she looks....old...her condition I feel has decreased. She is still eating and drinking but she doesn't move all day really. I put her outside yesterday and what did it for me is that I went to get her back inside and she gave no fight. Just sat and let me pick her up. She is usually feisty. I have a vet appointment later at 5:45. Feeling sad but feel it may be time to say goodbye.

I'm so sorry Lucy, lots of vibes for you & Honey. You & your vet will make the right decision for her I'm sure though its never an easy one xx

Quote Originally Posted by lucy24 View Post
    Honey has declined over the last few weeks. All seemed well but her eye has got enflamed again and she looks....old...her condition I feel has decreased. She is still eating and drinking but she doesn't move all day really. I put her outside yesterday and what did it for me is that I went to get her back inside and she gave no fight. Just sat and let me pick her up. She is usually feisty. I have a vet appointment later at 5:45. Feeling sad but feel it may be time to say goodbye.
    I am really sorry to hear that Honey is now struggling I know all too well how hard it can be to make the 'it's time' call. But IMO there has to be more than just 'still eating and drinking' to make me feel confident that the Bunny still has a reasonable quality of life. You are the only person to be able to judge that, you know her far better than anyone else and I am certain that any decisions you make will be with Honey's best interests as a priority. Sending supportive hugs to you at what is obviously a very difficult time xx

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Hugs xxx

Thinking of you both xx
    Toulouse,Otto & Minnie cats <3

Wise Old Thumper

Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs.

So sorry to hear this, I will be thinking of you both xxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thinking of you today. It is so difficult when you have to decide when is the right time but you have Honey’s best interests at heart and will make the right decision for her. Big hugs. xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

I’m so sorry - thinking of you.

I'm so sorry
    To see a pet become a shadow of themselves is heartbreaking, but to be able to help them pass when they've had enough is the kindest and most loving thing you can do.
    I hope your appointment today goes well, whatever the outcome I know you will do the best thing for Honey x