• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding with an unspayed bun???

moi

Mama Doe
I'm presuming it's best to wait until she has been spayed? She is only 7 weeks old so have a while to wait. Thought I'd double check x

Who are you wanting to bond her with? I bonded my unspayed doe when she was 3 months old to a neutered 8 year old buck. It was a very easy bond and when she started to display hormonal behaviours I had her spayed. I have not split them at all and he went to the vets with her for her spay.

We bonded a eight week old female to a neutered two year old male.A very easy bond,he chased her a few times ,but more out of interest.She submitted immediately.When her hormones kicked in she did spray him and throw herself at him.. literally ,until she was old enough to be spayed .They became a loved up pair.:)

Thank you everyone. I'm going to bond her with Benji. They are in the same room but sectioned off. Benji is a very sociable bun so fingers crossed x

Bonding spayed bun with baby boy bun

I have a spayed 10mnth female with a yet to be neutered male (called Benji too). Got the boy only yesterday and he's in a pen in the same room. She's much bigger and quite feisty so more worried about her fighting him than him humping her.

She's currently feeling anxious but curious and can't stay away from him. She keeps seeking reassurance but its also skittish and is nipping me which she doesn't normally do. I think she's alternating between dominant and submissive behaviour, sometimes flopping on her side by the pen and licking.

They are sniffing each other and touching noses through the cage. He is showing no signs of anxiety or territorial behaviour with her but guessing that's because it's neutral ground for him.

Is it best to not let them get close until he's been neutered? Or can they bond now? As they've already seen each other and started the process, any advice would be so welcome!

Back