• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House rabbit in the rain?

Buzzwizz619

Warren Scout
Is it ok for a house bunny to have access outside in the rain as long as they have free access back into the house? Or at the very least shelter?

Obviously not on a really cold day or in torrential rain, just mild but depressing damp days

I don't want them getting cold and wet if it's bad for them but Charlie loves outside

Thanks Amy

out door access

Is it ok for a house bunny to have access outside in the rain as long as they have free access back into the house? Or at the very least shelter?

Obviously not on a really cold day or in torrential rain, just mild but depressing damp days

I don't want them getting cold and wet if it's bad for them but Charlie loves outside

Thanks Amy
dear buzzwizz619/amy,--what you are curious about,might work only if supervised--I donot know you setup-but I wouldnot allow the bunz to get damp/wet..there are health,,issues that popup..sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa:love::wave:

My Rabbits have a large pen set-up about 7ft by 15 ft long with the hutch inside it, the hutch door is left open so they go in and out as they please, I too have wondered what happens when it rains, it is all under cover but of course the rain can penetrate the run through the ire, and a couple of times I have gone down to them and they are a little damp when fussed, but hopefully they have rabbit sense to go back into the hutch and get warmed up. They have the hutch to retreat to so I hope they will be sensible as rabbits are clever pets and not get a chill, will ask the vet when they go for their vaccinations Friday and feedback here if I am wrong to let them have free wondering on rainy days ;)

Back