• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Identify the grass on my bunnies head

Absolutely not a scooby re grass ID, but I am shocked that Omi must have used a naughty word to have been zapped by the RU ' No Swearing Police' !! ;) :lol:

I know :oops::oops: I am so embarrassed and ashamed :oops::oops: And I've been trying so hard too since the reminder :oops::oops:

I'll need to find a way to remove this blemish on my previously untarnished character :oops:;):oops:

I believe she could request that it's included

z98LI34l.jpg

MODS - please add Booble doo to your sweat filter thing

even though I say it myself, how adorable?
This one is a massive favourite

sfZO3bkl.jpg

over to omi . do let me know if you get bored cos I never will:lol:

even though I say it myself, how adorable?
This one is a massive favourite

sfZO3bkl.jpg
[/IMG]

over to omi . do let me know if you get bored cos I never will:lol:

Not getting bored yet, but this one hasn't even got a seedhead, let alone a nibbled one :lol: Nonetheless, I think it might be Reed Grass. What sort of habitat was it growing in? It is very tall? If it hasn't produced a seedhead yet, it would also fit with Reed Grass, as that is produced in August.

The field guide mainly shows the seed heads and indeed the proper way of doing the ID is to look at an individual seed under a magnifying glass. They are all different, massively so in some cases.

Rudey does not care to be put under a magnifying glass. There were a few seed heads but I decided this game was too easy for you. Nonetheless reckon you got it right anyway. Very tall, beck side habitat.

I think Joey's is possibly Cocksfoot, but I'm not 100%. Boo's, I think. is one I saw in the garden a couple of days ago and have been trying to ID without much success. Is the head really silky? I'll have another try with the book later.

Btw I had forgotten just how adorable most of these pics are :love:

Back