• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Identify the grass on my bunnies head

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
This one is for lucky Omi - & anyone else capable of playing along:lol:

BNh5rKvl.jpg

5N4eJRnl.jpg

QfevjGnl.jpg

Not 100% as I'm only an amateur at this :lol:

Pic 1 - Timothy Pic 2 - might be ****'s Foot aka Orchard Grass (there appears to be a gap in the seed head though - nibbled by bunny?) and Pic 3 - one of the Fescues, Red Fescue I think.

We have all three here in the garden :)

Pic 1 - Timothy Pic 2 - might be ****'s Foot aka Orchard Grass (there appears to be a gap in the seed head though - nibbled by bunny?) and Pic 3 - one of the Fescues, Red Fescue I think.

wahey - I'm impressed (as I hope you were by the presentation)

wahey - I'm impressed (as I hope you were by the presentation)

Yes, exceptionally well presented :thumb: Tell Rudey though it's helpful for identification purposes if he doesn't eat part of the seed head first!

I presume you realise what's been starred out :) I hope I'm not going to be infracted :oops:

Yes, exceptionally well presented :thumb: Tell Rudey though it's helpful for identification purposes if he doesn't eat part of the seed head first!

I presume you realise what's been starred out :) I hope I'm not going to be infracted :oops:
We don't infract for swearing [emoji38] and the swear filter showing up is fine :) - I've just realised what it's meant to be [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Dennis would like to know if you can identify this grass? He thanks you I'm advance
8d9f0b6a8e8c74e945a3626875f32b60.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Dennis would like to know if you can identify this grass? He thanks you I'm advance
8d9f0b6a8e8c74e945a3626875f32b60.jpg

Tell Dennis he's a little tinker :lol: I suspect he actually knows what it is!

My grass identification project this year is actually in respect of grasses native to the UK and which, therefore, appear in my field guide.

The grass, which Dennis has photographed, is actually a grass native to South America and so could not be identified from my book :lol:

:lol: :lol: I didn't predict that one, though I should have. Do Dennis & Syrup throw in their train keys after an elderflower gin? Rudey n Mouse are curious

[emoji38] [emoji38] I didn't predict that one, though I should have. Do Dennis & Syrup throw in their train keys after an elderflower gin? Rudey n Mouse are curious
Dennis says he would like to but he would require a system of weights and pullies due to dodderyness

This one not so easy :) I think it's Yorkshire Fog, but it could also be one of the Meadow Grasses.

Btw haven't Grasses sometimes got super names :)

Absolutely not a scooby re grass ID, but I am shocked that Omi must have used a naughty word to have been zapped by the RU ' No Swearing Police' !! ;) :lol:

Back