• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny with broken leg :(

It's cost £600 so far, I expect £700 plus by the time you add vaccinations. I'm not sure when they are due.

I don't think he has been vaccinated at all yet from what was said when I went to collect him. It's good he has been neutered too - ready to be bonded to a lucky lady bun one day maybe if he recovers well.

.Bless him. Will you be fostering him Amanda?

I am fostering him.

He will eventually need a lady friend too.

The leg removal is remarkable, very clean and very smooth. Bing is resting on a cushion and I've partly covered the cage in a large towel, I think that has relaxed him. He is in our bedroom now.

Two of my foster hamsters have been adopted in three days so I have more space.

He is moving around remarkably well. :love:

I am fostering him.

He will eventually need a lady friend too.

The leg removal is remarkable, very clean and very smooth. Bing is resting on a cushion and I've partly covered the cage in a large towel, I think that has relaxed him. He is in our bedroom now.

Two of my foster hamsters have been adopted in three days so I have more space.

He is moving around remarkably well. :love:

fab. it'll be good to have updates. Maybe a photo;)

Bing hasn’t had any vaccinations as of yet, we only had him for 12 days before the accident so neutering and vaccinations were on the cards but we just didn’t get round to it. Thank you for txting me with updates, I’m really pleased to hear he has done well after his surgery. Thanks for all you are doing

Stubborn as an Ox trying to get him to take tramadol, so far wasted two tablets, clogged a syringe and ruined a banana.:lol:. Eating ok, lots of poos. Lots of poos is always a good sign after an operation.

I know Bing is getting bored but after two procedures want to keep him confined for 48 hours.

Stubborn as an Ox trying to get him to take tramadol, so far wasted two tablets, clogged a syringe and ruined a banana.[emoji38]. Eating ok, lots of poos. Lots of poos is always a good sign after an operation.

I know Bing is getting bored but after two procedures want to keep him confined for 48 hours.

Can you crush it up and put it in Ella's kitchen banana, banana, banana baby food? And syringe it? That's how I did it after Clementines legs op.. Or ask for liquid form :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Can you crush it up and put it in Ella's kitchen banana, banana, banana baby food? And syringe it? That's how I did it after Clementines legs op.. Or ask for liquid form :)

I did crush it up.:lol:. I think he can smell it or taste it. I syringed it with metacam but the bits were still a bit chunky. I completely crushed it and mashed in banana.

I did crush it up.[emoji38]. I think he can smell it or taste it. I syringed it with metacam but the bits were still a bit chunky. I completely crushed it and mashed in banana.
Awh no [emoji38] terrors aren't they! I got this thing on amazon which crushes tablets because Clementine is now on 1/4 of a diuretic tablet every day so I use it to cut it into quarters, and then crush one off the 1/4s everyday, works really well makes it into a fine dust and with baby food and a little water (mainly because the banana baby food is a little thick, the apple one is thinner but she's not a fan) it just looks like banana baby food and she loves it :)

I hope he starts taking it soon :)

Terrors aren’t they :lol: Frosty will eat banana, but not with meds hidden in it :roll: and he won’t eat banana baby food or apple and banana, but he loves the Aldi apple, carrot and parsnip pouch, so it might be worth trying a few types without meds to see if he likes them.

Half the banana is gone. They know, I tell you they know you have put medication in it.:lol:. I crush it with the back of a spoon.

Bing is doing amazingly well. I have covered about a third of our bedroom in puppy pads and fleeces and Bing loves running around. He hates being confined so he has been free range in the bedroom for about 18 hours now. He has a cat bed he slept in and didn't have the heart to cage him. He is so good, he has the odd nibble at the door frame or skirting board, nothing Mr Bennett hadn't already done before.

Afternoon check up at about 5.30 pm, James knows what time. I expect everything to be good.

He is so gentle but also very curious. He discovered two hamster balls and likes playing with them.

He definitely knows what he likes and doesn't like, doesn't like fenugreek crunchies.:shock:. :lol:. Doesn't like any syringe near his face and he will push it away.

Poos and wees a ton. Which is really good. Carrots seem to be his favourite food. Should get some kale on the way home from the vets.

Having seen pics of Bing's recovery set up I am thinking of requesting moving in myself !! He could not be receiving better care. Re the Tramadol, crushing it with a pestle and mortar and then mixing it into some Apple Juice always worked for Morse and it also works for Lord H and Endeavour

Back