Thread: Rabbit cleaning wipes

Default Rabbit cleaning wipes

Hey all, has anybody used these rabbit cleaning wipes

https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...s-with-byotrol

Was thinking for the feet aswell as there cote, maybe bums aswell but dunno if thatís a good idea really lol

Wise Old Thumper

I would not use anything like this on any of my rabbits and personally think it's unnecessary. I would also not want them to ingest the chemical that the wipes are impregnated with.

In my experience, rabbits clean themselves and their bonded partners very well with their tongues

Thank you Omi that’s the reason that we’ve not used them already in the last 2 years so I’ll stick with that mentality

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Thank you Omi thatís the reason that weíve not used them already in the last 2 years so Iíll stick with that mentality
    Good decision I'm sure companies try to convince us we need lots of things, which in my view are completely unnecessary. There's also a cost to the environment with these wipes.

Yeah fair point, I go in pets at home and see so much new stuff to make me wonder do I need these?!?! Aha

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

I agree with Omi, I wouldn't use wipes on bunnies. The only time you would need to clean them would be if they got a messy bottom. Even then I only use a flannel with warm water, no soap or other cleaning products added.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Thanks Scrappy! I was wondering the best way to clean there bums so that save me asking another question was one of the main reason I was thinkning about wipes

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    I agree with Omi, I wouldn't use wipes on bunnies. The only time you would need to clean them would be if they got a messy bottom. Even then I only use a flannel with warm water, no soap or other cleaning products added.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    Yea I agree

I have used water wipes before once when Clementine couldn't move, managed to avoid urine scold.. Although I was cleaning her with them every two hours 24h hours a day never had any issues, although Idk if this was a good thing or a bad tbh, this was when I first got them and I didn't know much and I didn't even know about urine scold lucky I thought yea that can't be nice and cleaned her up all the time, seems like we avoided something nasty. So basically I don't know if they're safe or not, but I used them without any problems for about 2 months.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

Do they have a problem with messy btms?