• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

burgess supa food

If you find a small, non chain petshop that stocks any of the burgess range and ask then they are usually really helpful and will order you a large bag with the rest of their delivery.

Tam

I can't remember off the top of my head, and my lecture notes are aaaaaaaaaall the way upstairs ( :wink: ) but I think rabbits should get about 16% protein in their diets. This lessens with age, and increases with pregnancy/lactation, etc, but it's the average. Check that your feeds have enough protein!

Fibre isn't as important in a staple feed as hay should be the main source of it.

I feed my two mini lops 60g of Dwarf/Junior Supa Excel a day. That's about half of what they should be getting, according to the bag, but if I feed more, they get soft pellets...it's not that expensive, really, as I feed much less of these pellets than the muesli mix they were on when I got them...

Tamsin said:
If you find a small, non chain petshop that stocks any of the burgess range and ask then they are usually really helpful and will order you a large bag with the rest of their delivery.

Tam

My local shop will but it is a few quid more than P@H and he is a tad unreliable - I tried contacting Burgess direct as I have a petshop licence from my local council which means I can buy pet products wholesale (supposed to be limited to our home bred fish fry but they didn't bother) but Burgess weren't particularily helpful and sent me lists of Stockists in the area - not trade prices and minimum order levels like we requested - I might try again though if P@H are seriously getting rid of Excel products!

Caz

I would love too but I get bowled over every morning by Zeus as I try and get to the back door with the food bowl. Then when I get back in both of them are under my feet until I put it down then they are straight in there gobbling until the pellets are all gone.

They get the hay ad lib and vegetables for dinner but their morning pellet bowl I couldn't stop they go mad for them!!

Caz

I used to feed my rabbits burgess, but now feed them Science Selective.
It has 14% protein and 19% fibre.
With burguss if I fed too much they'd get sticky bums. Now if i give them too much they'll leave their soft poos.
They only have a handful in the mornings and love it!

Back