• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treat ideas!

WelshBunny

Young Bun
I'm in need of some ideas as my bun, it seems, hasn't had a very varied diet before he came to me! Can anyone recommend something based on what their bunnies may go mad for, please? I need to get him back on my good side as he is going rather quiet after his neutering and not liking to move too much (went to vet today, checked in full for third post-op check and said it was most likely the antibiotics causing his quietness for now). I only give him small amounts of treats and he doesn't usually finish it all unless it's something like an inch of banana, which seems to be going down well on occasion.

He likes:
- Banana (big hit once he worked out that he can eat it!)
- Organic spring greens mix that I can't find again
- Spinach, will not eat it all though
- Broccoli, was supposed to be his favourite but will not eat it all every time little bits are offered
- Burns meadow mix (big hit)
- Fresh dandelions (these couple were scoffed, didn't touch the sides)
- Grass
- Celery (will have a little)
- Mint, liked at first but seems to have left the leaves this time

He doesn't like:
- Strawberry, tried one and then not touched the rest
- Parsnip/beetroot dried treat mix
- Dried carrot mix, does like the carrots in his treat log though which are tiny chips of dried bits
- Herbal mix (from B&M)
- Apple

Hoping people will have some ideas of bunny safe bribes! Thanks in advance! :)

Edited: he has hay available 24/7, currently on muesli mix and timothy pellets so weaning him over to the small amount of pellets. He doesn't finish his muesli/pellets though and leaves them in the bowl often.

I'm in need of some ideas as my bun, it seems, hasn't had a very varied diet before he came to me! Can anyone recommend something based on what their bunnies may go mad for, please? I need to get him back on my good side as he is going rather quiet after his neutering and not liking to move too much (went to vet today, checked in full for third post-op check and said it was most likely the antibiotics causing his quietness for now). I only give him small amounts of treats and he doesn't usually finish it all unless it's something like an inch of banana, which seems to be going down well on occasion.

He likes:
- Banana (big hit once he worked out that he can eat it!)
- Organic spring greens mix that I can't find again
- Spinach, will not eat it all though
- Broccoli, was supposed to be his favourite but will not eat it all every time little bits are offered
- Burns meadow mix (big hit)
- Fresh dandelions (these couple were scoffed, didn't touch the sides)
- Grass
- Celery (will have a little)
- Mint, liked at first but seems to have left the leaves this time

He doesn't like:
- Strawberry, tried one and then not touched the rest
- Parsnip/beetroot dried treat mix
- Dried carrot mix, does like the carrots in his treat log though which are tiny chips of dried bits
- Herbal mix (from B&M)
- Apple

Hoping people will have some ideas of bunny safe bribes! Thanks in advance! :)

Edited: he has hay available 24/7, currently on muesli mix and timothy pellets so weaning him over to the small amount of pellets. He doesn't finish his muesli/pellets though and leaves them in the bowl often.
Fenugreek crunchies! :D or the science selective loops go down well here or dried dandelion root :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Forgot to add he likes fresh parsley too but hates the meadow loops I found in Pets at Home! If I put them in his bowl on top of the pellets/mix bit...he throws them out.

I have seen the fenugreek crunchies - I can grab some of those and some fresh coriander to try right away, thanks for the suggestions! :D

Forgot to add he likes fresh parsley too but hates the meadow loops I found in Pets at Home! If I put them in his bowl on top of the pellets/mix bit...he throws them out.

I have seen the fenugreek crunchies - I can grab some of those and some fresh coriander to try right away, thanks for the suggestions! :D
Oo have you tried the other flavour loops and the sticks too? There's a few different flavours of each :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

My bunnies like fibafirst sticks, and apple twigs too. They like herbs, rosemary goes down well here, Also they love the dried herb mixes from nature’s own.

I have found that he likes rocket though so that gets a green into him! Plus grass is going down a treat with the dandelions I find for him fresh. I think he must have had a very restricted diet before as he doesn't finish his muesli/pellets (transitioning...) but eats hay "okay" and seems the same weight since last weighed. May be getting a friend Sunday, fingers crossed the meet goes well, so sometimes I find with other animals that having someone there nibbling and munching beside them entices them to eat a little better.

Back