Thread: Eye damage?

Default Eye damage?

Herb was (the rescue thinks) born with a cataract in his left eye. I’m pretty sure he has no sight in it. Yesterday when grooming him, I noticed that the surface of his eyeball looked to have a “worn” dull area in the centre of it. He’s otherwise fine in himself.
    Took him to the vet today who examined him. He put the drops in his eye to check for an ulcer, but no damage showed up. He confirmed that he could see the same mark that I could. Herb’s tear production is s normal and there’s no sign of any irritation or inflammation. He’s not pawing at his eye or blinking more.
    The vet feels that it doesn’t need any treatment and that I should just keep an eye on it (“No pun intended”, said the vet).
    Just wondered if anyone had had any experience of something similar. Herb is very happy that he doesn’t need eyedrops as he’s not really a hands on bunny, he tried to box the vet a few times, not that I blame him, when someone keeps poking around your eye.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Phillip has similar, we discovered earlier this year that he has a small cataract in the centre of his eye. Same as Herb, no treatment needed unless it starts to cause problems but so far, so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s really interesting thanks. I hope Philip’s eye continues to not cause him any problems.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I’ve not come across this, but I hope it doesn’t cause him any issues in future. at him trying to box the vet

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund- a fantastic source of information about Rabbits

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Sorry Jane, only just seen this! My brain is AWOL at the moment. I don’t think it’s EC related loooking at him. His damaged eye is slightly smaller than his other eye so it looks like it didn’t develop normally. Apart from looking like a scratch across his eye, nothing has changed. I’d try and get a photo but I need another pair of hands as he won’t co-operate!