Thread: 'Household item' rabbit toys

Default 'Household item' rabbit toys

I bought a wooden bottle carrier from Lidl yesterday with the express purpose of using it for the bunnies as an exciting, brain-working toy! It might also actually come in handy as a bottle carrier, we'll see XD

I've repurposed cat toys in the past, and used things like hanging baskets as hay baskets, but I think this is the first non-pet toy I've thought to use as one (that's not just a recycled tube or something). What else have people repurposed as rabbit toys, especially things that were never toys to begin with? I loved Jacks-Jane's hamster setups, it was super inspiring
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wise Old Thumper

I like buying bits and making my own toys, I think they end up more interesting than the ready made rabbit toys you can buy.

As for household items, Iíve given rabbits untreated wooden spoons and honey dippers which have gone down well.

Forum Buddy

Plastic measuring spoons / cups make great rattles
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I’ve planned to use some wooden disposable cutlery like you get in cafes to make some bunny bunting but not got round to it I’ve got 2 hay racks made from wire mesh drawers like this https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/hjaelpa...ite-s59213467/ you can buy them without the runners so they are cheap, 80x40 cm £5, 60x40 cm £4, 60x55cm. £5, 80x55cm £6. I’ve got the 80x40 and they hold a lot of hay.