• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is anybun familiar? Cc: Mouseypie

loobers25

Warren Veteran
I stumbled across this whilst ordering joint biccies today. It has a picture of a bunny but was wondering if the ingredients where actually bunny kosher? Thoughts?
52bd1f7005437973a9d796c7e5c6a268.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I stumbled across this whilst ordering joint biccies today. It has a picture of a bunny but was wondering if the ingredients where actually bunny kosher? Thoughts?
52bd1f7005437973a9d796c7e5c6a268.jpg

dear loobers25,--you are wise to question,any product before offering to your rabbit--even with a rabbit on the label,[merely advertisement],-must read the label/directions-if necessary call your local exotic dvm with question..sincerely james waller-from across the great pond-usa

I would definitely not use this. These are the ingredients https://www.homeopet.com/ingredients/anxiety-relief/

Aconitum is a nasty poison. I grow Aconitum here in the garden and I am very wary of it. Also Henbane and Jimson Weed are members of the Nightshade family (Solanaceae), which are also poisonous.

I know homeopaths would possibly argue that by using small quantities or by processing in a particular way you can obtain benefits by using such substances. However, this is not something I personally would take a chance on.

I'm also not sure how much control, testing or regulation there is in selling these products.

I missed this. Thanks for thinking of Mouseypie. Looks like not bunny kosher anyway. How is Dennis doing these days?

I would definitely not use this. These are the ingredients https://www.homeopet.com/ingredients/anxiety-relief/

Aconitum is a nasty poison. I grow Aconitum here in the garden and I am very wary of it. Also Henbane and Jimson Weed are members of the Nightshade family (Solanaceae), which are also poisonous.

I know homeopaths would possibly argue that by using small quantities or by processing in a particular way you can obtain benefits by using such substances. However, this is not something I personally would take a chance on.

I'm also not sure how much control, testing or regulation there is in selling these products

100% This. Any Tom, D1ck of Harry can concoct a 'homeopathic' treatment with absolutely no regulation or assurance that the product is safe.

I'm also not sure how much control, testing or regulation there is in selling these products.
Wow thanks for researching that Omi. I had suspicions

I missed this. Thanks for thinking of Mouseypie. Looks like not bunny kosher anyway. How is Dennis doing these days?
Denny boy is ok very stiff and wobbly on his pins. I have got him off metacam at the moment only giving when I feel he needs it. He's a hungry happy boy though . How's your girly

Wow thanks for researching that Omi. I had suspicions

Always happy to research stuff like this :) Remember Homeopathic usually means natural, but natural doesn't necessarily mean safe. I think Aconitum's been used by women trying to kill their husbands. Just a few leaves added to a tasty stew........:lol:

Denny boy is ok very stiff and wobbly on his pins. I have got him off metacam at the moment only giving when I feel he needs it. He's a hungry happy boy though . How's your girly

Mousey is on metacam twice daily now. She seems to have a glint back in her eye. I think she likes being with Rudey which might help. Nose bumps for Den. Does he still binky? Mouse hasn't binkied for forever. She did try & hump Rudey the other night - it was both funny & sad at the same time

If you are thinking of an additional/complimentary approach to managing Mousey's pain control I'd suggest contacting these folk

https://www.britishhomeopathic.org/...als/holistic-care-and-management-for-rabbits/ and also discuss it all with your Vet xx

thanks JJ. I've had a wee read already & have bookmarked. She is very hands off is Mousey though & she doesn't enjoy travel.

She is due a review at the vets sometime soon ish. I'm actually really happy with how she is at the moment. Her movement has been clumsy all the time I've had her but she does alright - she keeps herself beautifully clean. We'll be having blood tests at vet review to check she is tolerating metacam ok

thanks JJ. I've had a wee read already & have bookmarked. She is very hands off is Mousey though & she doesn't enjoy travel.

She is due a review at the vets sometime soon ish. I'm actually really happy with how she is at the moment. Her movement has been clumsy all the time I've had her but she does alright - she keeps herself beautifully clean. We'll be having blood tests at vet review to check she is tolerating metacam ok

I can identify with being clumsy !! My poor mobility means I am always falling over myself :roll:

I think with 'hands off' Rabbits it is usually best to only do the absolute essentials with regards to long term pain management. Inspector Morse was incredible in that he would allow me to do absolutely anything 'hands on'. But I have had numerous other Rabbits whose lives would have been miserable if I attempted to do the same thing. Each Rabbit's needs are unique, even if they have the same long term condition. I am 100% certain you will do what is right for Mousey xx

Back