Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing plants for buns?

I grow herbs, and there’s a lot of plantain and dandelions in the grass too, they love them. I’ll move this to diet and digestion for you

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    good idea! I will buy some & see if Pepper likes it.... he doesn't seem to like much except grass.
    All my rabbits have always adored celery I've never thought of growing it on like this though, but will give it a try.

Alpha Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I grow herbs, and there’s a lot of plantain and dandelions in the grass too, they love them. I’ll move this to diet and digestion for you
    Thank you Zoobec!

Mint plants are 50p in asda, I potted a load of these as my seeds didn't do well this year.
    I Suffer From Multiple Rabbit Syndrome
    (Because One Rabbit Is Never Enough!)

Mint does well, and I think sprouting broccoli is alright too (I don't think you feed them much, but you can eat what's left). Strawberry, blackberry and raspberry leaves are always popular (as well as the fruit), and a little apple tree might go down well, if you have space...
    If you need help with anything, please feel free to send me a private message or contact any of the other forum buddies

I got these from ebay, Misha is fussy, so with this mix i am finding what she likes, she goes crazy for the vetch! and it grows so fast too, i got those seeds on their own now
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SW-Rabbit...53.m1438.l2649

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by scottishbluebird View Post
    I got these from ebay, Misha is fussy, so with this mix i am finding what she likes, she goes crazy for the vetch! and it grows so fast too, i got those seeds on their own now
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SW-Rabbit...53.m1438.l2649
    I grow Common Vetch too It's certainly very popular here. If you leave a few plants to go to seed, you can also use those seeds to grow some more. They poduce tiny pea-like pods filled with small, round, black seeds. Wait until the pod dries and goes brown.

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    good idea! I will buy some & see if Pepper likes it.... he doesn't seem to like much except grass.
    My late Nethie Charlie didn't really eat much except grass and the odd dandelion if he felt like it Probably why he lived so long XD

Vetch is great but spreads very rapidly. Violets are awesome ground cover and very tasty. Fruit bushes are awesome. Mine love Jerusalem Artichoke leaves. Strawberries are always a hit (only the leaves, they're not so fussed about the fruits!), and Lopsy LOVES blackcurrants and leaves, although they're less fussed about redcurrant leaves and flowering currant leaves. Mallow, bush and plant, and roses are big with ours too.

They also like the weird hebe-like plant we've got and box (I hate box!) but we don't feed those, they just prune them!
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I grow Common Vetch too It's certainly very popular here. If you leave a few plants to go to seed, you can also use those seeds to grow some more. They poduce tiny pea-like pods filled with small, round, black seeds. Wait until the pod dries and goes brown.
    Great idea, she really goes crazy when she sees it!

Alpha Buck

Great ideas, thanks everyone!

I’ve got kale seeds sprouting now, and dug the plot for my herb bed the other day.

I inherited lots of cress seeds (polycress), but wasn’t sure if these were good for buns?