Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hideaway ideas for indoor bunnies

Wise Old Thumper

Default Hideaway ideas for indoor bunnies

Iíve always gone with dog crates covered with a blanket as an indoor base before, mostly because I figured I could lie during any potential landlord visits and say itís a cage as opposed to a hiding area.

Now Iím looking for alternative options and was wondering what other people use.

Iíve been thinking about trying to DIY a small table into like a bunny activity centre on top, with a hidden space underneath. I donít really have a clear picture in my head of what I want though!

I had the idea to box in the stool I've got but never got around to it, but it was a similar idea to the table and I don't see why it shouldn't work
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

A lot of people use the Ikea box - search for Ikea bunny hol. I’m sure anything similar would work too

Wise Old Thumper

Ahhh that would be ideal, they donít seem to sell it in Canada though I might go to Ikea tomorrow though and see if I can find anything similar. Thanks!

I'm excited for you SR that you'll be a bunny mom again.

My bunnies love to sit under stuff -they don't have bunny specific stuff but for as long as I have house rabbits I will always give them something to sit under. I've had buns for over 25 years & all of them have gravitated towards snoozy zones that have cover.

When s/he arriving?

Wise Old Thumper

We bring him home on Saturday thank you, Iím so in love and canít wait to have him here!

I think because we have only been in the country for a year and knew we would likely be leaving the city after our years lease was up, we literally moved to a new town last week, weíve kept furniture minimal and donít actually have anything for a bunny to sit under. Currently the room he will live in is empty except for a bookcase and a tiny plant

I will sort something out though!

Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbit View Post
    We bring him home on Saturday thank you, I’m so in love and can’t wait to have him here!

I think because we have only been in the country for a year and knew we would likely be leaving the city after our years lease was up, we literally moved to a new town last week, we’ve kept furniture minimal and don’t actually have anything for a bunny to sit under. Currently the room he will live in is empty except for a bookcase and a tiny plant

I will sort something out though!
    When i did my most recent bond I didn't want tables in case I needed to access the buns so attached a cardboard "roof" coming off from the radiator & all my bunnies love to sit under it Please share some stories / photos when he arrives. Exciting times

Wise Old Thumper

Thatís actually a really good idea

I will do!

Yes I would go for cardboard boxes initially, and then just look for a small table in a charity shop or something when you’re out and about Look forward to hearing about him.

Wise Old Thumper

I ended up buying some small tables, they were like $7 each. I thought about cardboard boxes but then I saw these and was like that will do if he shows signs of chewing I will completely wrap them in sisal.

Anyways this is what Iíve ended up with, I hope he likes it! And I hope the pic works.