Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peanut update :(

Please keep us updated!
    I also want to say thank you to Omi who seems to look after all the nervous new rabbit owners of the forum ... she also gave me the advice to get my more affected buck Onana eating by crunching his favourite herbs - mint and basil - so the smell would lead him into temptation. And she had the idea to put the painkiller that Onana wouldn't take on a piece of mashed up banana, which worked wonders.

Awh that is brilliant! Definitely very thankful of Omi and all the members on here who keep my mind at rest about things!!!

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Onana & Lukaku View Post
    Please keep us updated!
    I also want to say thank you to Omi who seems to look after all the nervous new rabbit owners of the forum ... she also gave me the advice to get my more affected buck Onana eating by crunching his favourite herbs - mint and basil - so the smell would lead him into temptation. And she had the idea to put the painkiller that Onana wouldn't take on a piece of mashed up banana, which worked wonders.
    Thank you Your comments are very much appreciated. However, there are several of us who try to provide reassurance, as we know it's horrid to be anxious.

UPDATE: Peanut is awake and hopping but not eating yet. All the ovary and lump was removed
    The main concern was oddly her teeth! She had big abscesses on one side of her face and had to have a tooth removed and regular check ups. This surprised and annoyed me because a different vet checked them a few weeks ago and said there were no concerns -_- thankfully Faye at Toll Barn is amazing! Hopefully Peanut will be home tomorrow! But for now there is a big empty space which our kitty keeps going and checking because she misses her friend

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie220790 View Post
    UPDATE: Peanut is awake and hopping but not eating yet. All the ovary and lump was removed
    The main concern was oddly her teeth! She had big abscesses on one side of her face and had to have a tooth removed and regular check ups. This surprised and annoyed me because a different vet checked them a few weeks ago and said there were no concerns -_- thankfully Faye at Toll Barn is amazing! Hopefully Peanut will be home tomorrow! But for now there is a big empty space which our kitty keeps going and checking because she misses her friend
    I'm so glad she's up and hopping around

Hopefully her mouth will heal now it's been dealt with, sending vibes for her x

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

Poor Peanut I'm not surprised she doesn't feel up to eating yet. It's a relief that she's staying in for the night as they can give her all her meds and also syringe-feed her. I guess the dental problem was the cause of her not eating a little while ago.

You must be feeling so pleased that you changed vets and also that you opted to have her spayed. Hopefully she'll now go on to make a full recovery.

I hope Peanut has a good night and you get a positive update in the morning.

Thank you so much! I am very relieved this vet spotted it and dealt with it and hopefully she will go on to live for a good many years 😊
    I bet that was the cause of the stasis! So gutted they didn't notice it previously 😞
    Cannot wait to get the little fluff back tomorrow!

Good news,I hope little Peanut continues to improve topping up the vibes for her.x

Sending lots of recovery vibes for Peanut. xx

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

Iím so glad she is through the op. Sending more vibes for her xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx