• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Peanut update :(

Maddie220790

Young Bun
So I have just dropped Peanut off at Toll Barn vets. They said they could feel a lump and I'm so distraught :( they're going to stay her and give her bloods and hopefully its uterine so they can remove it with the spaying.
The vet is going to call me soon. If it isn't uterine she thinks it might be intestinal and will give the option of spaying. I don't know whether to put her through it or not :(
So scared and sad. Peanut puts her little pawe on my chest and buries her head in me at the vets.
I'm just hoping she comes round okay from the anaesthetic for the xrays and dental as she showed spurs also.

Oh no, I'm sorry to read this :( So, you've left her at the vets to do the spay? It was booked for today wasn't it? Are the bloods going to be checked first? I haven't understood the part of your post regarding a dental. Are they planning to x-ray and do a dental at the same time as the spay? Sending you lots of hugs and lots of vibes for Peanut.

Sorry, yes, she has now been left at the vets. They're doing an xray, bloods and dental first then calling to tell me more from the xray and whether I want to go ahead with the spray. If it isnt uterine though, I'm not sure whether to put her through the spay :(

Sorry, yes, she has now been left at the vets. They're doing an xray, bloods and dental first then calling to tell me more from the xray and whether I want to go ahead with the spray. If it isnt uterine though, I'm not sure whether to put her through the spay :(

I think I would wait until you hear from the vet and see what they advise. Is the xray of her abdomen, to try to locate the position of what they think is a lump? At least you can be assured that she is at a rabbit savvy vets and hopefully they will explain everything fully, give you some options and discuss with you what to do.

UPDATE: It is on her ovary so they're now going to spay her. They did the xrays without anaesthetic so she is now going under :( so glad it isnt anywhere else but please pray for my little Pea. She is my absolute world!

Sending vibes for little Peanut, glad that the lump is on the ovary and not elsewhere, hope she makes a swift recovery!

Phew, that sounds a bit more manageable :) Sending her loads of vibes. You must be a nervous wreck!

Thank you all so much!
I am! Been in tears all morning. She is the most gorgeous creature I have ever had the pleasure of knowing so I am pleading that she pulls through.

Called the vet as I hadn't heard and was terrified.... spoke to one of the nurses and Peanut is up and about 😁 not eating yet so they're keeping her in overnight which I think is normal??
Actually did a happy cry when they said she was awake!

We think of you and Peanut and keep our fingers and paws crossed for you.
I can totally understand what you are going through - I only had my two rabbits since March, on their little paws they hopped into my life totally unexpectedly and with their silent charm they took it over. I often can't sleep, because I'm scared something might happen to them hopping around alone in the night. My husband and my son (who love them as well) laugh their heads off about me. But they are magical creatures whose lives have been trusted into our hands and they seem so much more vulnerable than all the other furry friends I had (dogs, horses, cat).
We just want to protect them.
I hope Peanut will be home soon, safe and sound and recover speedily as my two bucks did after their neutering. And then you enjoy each other's company even more!
All the best from London,
Charlie, Lukaku and Onana

Oh my God, I just posted, while your update came. That's so good to hear. I think it is good that they keep an eye on her over night and make sure they can react quickly if need be. She will be back with you in the morning.
I also cried when I heard Lukaku and Onana were awake and when we went for our check-up on Saturday I brought our vet rabbit-and-carrot-shaped chocolate that said "Thank you". And that was a much smaller procedure than what your poor Peanut had to go through. She will be home soon!

Thank you so much!! I hope she recovers as quickly as your boys! Ahh if Peanut gets through all this which I hope it sounds like she will... I'm giving that vet so much love!!!! Haha!

Called the vet as I hadn't heard and was terrified.... spoke to one of the nurses and Peanut is up and about 😁 not eating yet so they're keeping her in overnight which I think is normal??
Actually did a happy cry when they said she was awake!

Great news :D My vet usually routinely keeps does in overnight after a spay, to make sure that they are eating properly. It was only because she knew I could syringe-feed if necessary that Tui was allowed to come home. Peanut also has had more than just a rountine spay as well. Did they also do the dental?

Hopefully one of the vets will be in touch later to update you on the operation. Sending her lots more vibes.

Thank you, Omi!! They did do the dental as well :) and clipped her claws! Full bunny MOT!
Glad to hear it is normal to keep them in! I have syringe fed Peanut before but she is a wriggler and after an op I wouldn't be very confident holding her to try and do it I don't think so hopefully they can get her eating :)
They should be calling before 6.30pm 😊

Back