• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orchard hay...? :)

So a grand total of ONE rabbit has entertained it :roll: Incidentally, the only one who even gave the normal timothyhay.co.uk a cursory sniff! I give up!

Mine came this morning. They ignored it at first and just stuck with the Timothy. I rained down a thousand curses on their heads. However they started tucking into it later in the afternoon so I'm going to tentatively say they like it! [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Mine came yesterday, I didn’t give them any until this morning. They ignored it too at first, but they are both tucking into it now :love:

Mine came two days ago and was loved immediately. I am now wondering - should I give it together with their normal Timothy hay or could I give Orchard one day and Timothy the next?

Glad that ignoring and then eating seems to be quite common, i’ll hide it in with their usual hay and see if anyone notices!

Glad that ignoring and then eating seems to be quite common, i’ll hide it in with their usual hay and see if anyone notices!

Yes, me too :lol: otherwise the goats would have had a very expensive mopping up job to do (they eat all bunny cast offs gratefully :lol:)

Mine came two days ago and was loved immediately. I am now wondering - should I give it together with their normal Timothy hay or could I give Orchard one day and Timothy the next?

Hay is hay. Mix and match the different species as you like :)

As Omi says, it doesn’t matter, personally I feed a few different types of hay separately in different feeding places, just for variety.

Hay is hay. Mix and match the different species as you like :)
As Omi says, it doesn’t matter, personally I feed a few different types of hay separately in different feeding places, just for variety.
Yea I agree :)

Although personally I like to always make sure they have the hay they always have which is timothy here, and then other hays appear and disappear, just because I don't like changing diets much and also I always worry that the changing from one to another if they weren't so sure of one could lead to issues... But I'm probably being ott there [emoji38] so I always have timothy available and then feed a mix of others along side which changes [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I think I will do it the same. Keep the timothy as their staple and add others for variety. Lukaku and Onana are really crazy about the orchard hay. I just love seeing them eating so happily, I could watch them for hours, or if I force myself to turn around and work hear those adorable little noises.

I think I will do it the same. Keep the timothy as their staple and add others for variety. Lukaku and Onana are really crazy about the orchard hay. I just love seeing them eating so happily, I could watch them for hours, or if I force myself to turn around and work hear those adorable little noises.

I knowww it's so cute when you find something they really really love and they're taking such huge mouthfuls of it [emoji7][emoji7] I could watch and listen to bunnies eating stuff all day [emoji7] bunnies eating, asmr videos on YouTube kill me [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Definite big fat nope from mine! I mixed it in with their t&r and they’ve not eaten half as much hay overnight as usual. Into the shed it goes, foster bunnies will eat it I’m sure! :)

Back