• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orchard hay...? :)

Graciee

Staff member
Anyone tried it yet from Timothyhay.co.uk?

Ive just ordered some, why am I so excited? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Anyone tried it yet from Timothyhay.co.uk?

Ive just ordered some, why am I so excited? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

No, but I will do, mainly because it is this year's rather than last.

I've just looked at their website and would like to challenge them on the statement regarding protein and calcium, but feel as if it's being cheeky :lol: Oxbow is the company, which has been marketing Orchard Grass and they make the same statement on their website.

I've recently been doing lots of reading regarding different grass species. Orchard Grass is actually Dactylis Glomerata (Cocksfoot) and I've found a small amount of it in the garden here. My understanding is that the most important factor governing the amount of protein and calcium is when the grass is cut. Also when comparing the percentage difference of protein and calcium between Timothy and Orchard on several websites, they are very similar.

Please let us know what it's like when you get it :)

I really hope there is some left at the end of the month. Please let me know what everybun reckons to it

Bertie has Oxbow orchard grass. It's expensive but he has a handful or two daily with his other Hays as it is particularly good for dental wear.

No, I've still got half a bag of Oxbow, Treacle wasn't very impressed (fussy madam) it looked really good, so going to try her on it again

I had to put in another order for the Timothy hay so decided to bite the bullet and get the orchard hay as well. It should be here in a couple of days so I shall report back with the verdict!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I had to put in another order for the Timothy hay so decided to bite the bullet and get the orchard hay as well. It should be here in a couple of days so I shall report back with the verdict!

I did the same :lol: I just had a big order of sweet green hay from natures own, so I need to work out where to put it all :lol:

Yea I did the same [emoji38] we've ordered our normal order, then a bag of that to try :)

I’ve ordered some. Not one of my lot like Timothy hay.co.uk, so I’m really hoping that I’m not just wasting my time :roll:

Arrived this morning - smells amazing [emoji7] we'll see what the critics think [emoji38]
def3a67c0f103ea53925657516495b62.jpg

Eta- Apricot who hasn't been eating any hay... Is eating it... :D

Okay everybun is stuffing it in [emoji38]

Last edited:
Arrived this morning - smells amazing [emoji7] we'll see what the critics think [emoji38]
def3a67c0f103ea53925657516495b62.jpg

Eta- Apricot who hasn't been eating any hay... Is eating it... :D

Okay everybun is stuffing it in [emoji38]

Wow that looks lovely and green! Glad to hear it's been given the paws up!

Mine's due to come tomorrow. My two gave the oat hay the bum's rush, I really hope they don't do the same with this one...

Wow that looks lovely and green! Glad to hear it's been given the paws up!

Mine's due to come tomorrow. My two gave the oat hay the bum's rush, I really hope they don't do the same with this one...

Awh nu! I hope they like this one, it's nothing like the oat, more like the soft timothy hay in texture so hopefully it'll be a hit :D

Well that’s positive if Apricot is eating it! Fingers crossed that even one of mine will do!
That's what I thought! She's nibbled more and more of it, won't touch the timothy hay (from same place, it's the only one I buy as they all love it) so it much be really nommy to tempt her to start eating hay instead of veggies!

just seen the price. Eeek!
I have to say we spend less than when we were buying the smaller bags of hay, and they much prefer this! So works out for us [emoji38] it's not that bad I don't think :)

Back