Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pip not eating (again)

Wise Old Thumper

I hope that Pip continues to improve. I would be looking for some more tests now tbh. In the meantime, I would be offering a bowl of water, which she will probably get used to after a while. Then if the further tests didn't show up anything, I would look to change her diet a little along the lines suggested by Scrappy's LH.

Thanks all, she was much better this morning.

Gobbled up the nuggets, drinking water and there was a couple of nice big piles of poo in the litter tray.

I'm going to phone our regular vets later to speak to them about booking a checkup later in the week and then I'll ask about a "full" checkup and further tests etc.

Ideally I'd have taken her to the vets today, but I can't afford to take time off work, and my wife can't do it on her own with baby in tow.

Will be keeping a close eye on her until we can get to the vets

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I’m glad that she is seeming better today, hopefully the new bottles will encourage her to drink more. You could try a bowl placed under the normal bottle, sometimes gets them interested in the bowl.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
    Thanks all, she was much better this morning.

Gobbled up the nuggets, drinking water and there was a couple of nice big piles of poo in the litter tray.

I'm going to phone our regular vets later to speak to them about booking a checkup later in the week and then I'll ask about a "full" checkup and further tests etc.

Ideally I'd have taken her to the vets today, but I can't afford to take time off work, and my wife can't do it on her own with baby in tow.

Will be keeping a close eye on her until we can get to the vets

so glad for you. xxx
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

Wise Old Thumper

Glad Pip is now eating as normal. When you say the Vet looked at her Incisors, did he also check the molars, as these can cause pain if they are cutting into the tongue etc. I second what others have said re a bowl, rabbits can't get the amount of water they need from a bottle and they need to keep hydrated.

Thanks all,

They didn't check her molars, as that would require sedation.

But I will be getting our regular vets to give her the works, to see if they can identify any underlying issues.

I will definitely look at introducing bowls of water. Has anyone used the manor pet housing bottle that drips into a small bowl, rather than the rabbits having to use a bottle with a spout, are they worth the money?

Wise Old Thumper

The most popular is a ceramic dog bowl that the bunnies can't tip up.

Thanks.

Pip is booked in at the vets on Friday morning.

We got our first delivery of hay from Timothy hay.co.uk yesterday, the ladies absolutely love it. They were eating plenty of hay before, but when I gave them their first lot of this stuff after work they sat and ate hay for over an hour straight.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
    Thanks.

Pip is booked in at the vets on Friday morning.

We got our first delivery of hay from Timothy hay.co.uk yesterday, the ladies absolutely love it. They were eating plenty of hay before, but when I gave them their first lot of this stuff after work they sat and ate hay for over an hour straight.

Aw! Glad they like their hay.

I will definitely look at introducing bowls of water. Has anyone used the manor pet housing bottle that drips into a small bowl, rather than the rabbits having to use a bottle with a spout, are they worth the money?
    Mine quite liked these. You can get the bottles on their own from zooplus, but the holders are a good idea as I found them too heavy to attach like a normal bottle.
    I Suffer From Multiple Rabbit Syndrome
    (Because One Rabbit Is Never Enough!)