Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: I now have a bonded group of 6!

  1. #11
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    13,415

    Default

    So pleased - massive congratulations. Bear was last in ? How did it go - not as bad as feared ?

  2. #12
    Moderator Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lower Sunbury
    Posts
    46,337

    Default

    Omg the tiny nethie with your big fluffy white bunny is so adorable, and your teddy bear bunnies, is it teddy bear rabbits ? Yvette had one named Roland, I'm sure it was teddy bear something.

    Your bunnies are all very sweet.

  3. #13
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    So pleased - massive congratulations. Bear was last in ? How did it go - not as bad as feared ?
    Yes he was last to go...and I was absolutely dreading it! As it turns out...he was the easiest to bond of the lot! Seems he was craving company The most troublesome of them all has been Greyie. She's always been the one trying it on as boss with every bond. Never wins mind But yeah...usually the cause of most chases etc until she's put back in her place I had to tell the group "listen, just get over yourselves! You all get on, you get a much better lifestyle..space, freedom etc. So just get over yourselves and don't kick off!" LMAO! x
    Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr

    Bonded group of 8!
    Bear, Greyie, Pete, Buttons, Leo and Adam, Princess and Leia
    Phil & Dev the rescue Guinea Pigs
    Gary the shih tzu pup!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9m...TxfAXRIiU7P-Uw
    My Bunnies Blog: https://thehoppyhouse.wordpress.com
    Instagram: the_hoppy_house

  4. #14
    Mama Doe nap91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    6 bunnies!! I don't envy you bonding them but how amazing now it's all done!

  5. #15
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    Omg the tiny nethie with your big fluffy white bunny is so adorable, and your teddy bear bunnies, is it teddy bear rabbits ? Yvette had one named Roland, I'm sure it was teddy bear something.

    Your bunnies are all very sweet.
    Oh I know...of all pairings it's so funny that they've chosen each other! Bear is the red-eyed white french lop and Pete is the small netherland dwarf. Personally I think it's a strategic move that Pete has made. He has been bottom of the hierarchy pile during the bondings, bless him. Bear came in and was top dog. Pete decides to pal up with Bear and suddenly his street-cred within the group rises! Clever move Pete, clever move x

    Oh my two fluffsters are Adam and Leo....double maned lion heads. Hard work to maintain but absolutely stunning. They're not in their full coat at the moment- i keep them clipped down and their due another clip in a couple of weeks. In full coat you can't even see their faces they are so fluffy! x
    Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr

    Bonded group of 8!
    Bear, Greyie, Pete, Buttons, Leo and Adam, Princess and Leia
    Phil & Dev the rescue Guinea Pigs
    Gary the shih tzu pup!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9m...TxfAXRIiU7P-Uw
    My Bunnies Blog: https://thehoppyhouse.wordpress.com
    Instagram: the_hoppy_house

  6. #16
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    13,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k1984 View Post
    Yes he was last to go...and I was absolutely dreading it! As it turns out...he was the easiest to bond of the lot! Seems he was craving company The most troublesome of them all has been Greyie. She's always been the one trying it on as boss with every bond. Never wins mind But yeah...usually the cause of most chases etc until she's put back in her place I had to tell the group "listen, just get over yourselves! You all get on, you get a much better lifestyle..space, freedom etc. So just get over yourselves and don't kick off!" LMAO! x
    aww Greyie, gotta love a trier & an optimist
    So once you added a bunny (or pair) did you stick with bonding them til all calm or did you have to separate at times to do stuff?

  7. #17
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    6 bunnies!! I don't envy you bonding them but how amazing now it's all done!
    Must admit, I absolutely love just sitting out with them, watching them and feeling very happy and proud that the hard work has paid off x
    Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr

    Bonded group of 8!
    Bear, Greyie, Pete, Buttons, Leo and Adam, Princess and Leia
    Phil & Dev the rescue Guinea Pigs
    Gary the shih tzu pup!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9m...TxfAXRIiU7P-Uw
    My Bunnies Blog: https://thehoppyhouse.wordpress.com
    Instagram: the_hoppy_house

  8. #18
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    aww Greyie, gotta love a trier & an optimist
    So once you added a bunny (or pair) did you stick with bonding them til all calm or did you have to separate at times to do stuff?
    I bonded each pair or singleton at a time, adding to the group one by one and waiting till all was calm and settled before trying the next pair or singleton in x
    Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr

    Bonded group of 8!
    Bear, Greyie, Pete, Buttons, Leo and Adam, Princess and Leia
    Phil & Dev the rescue Guinea Pigs
    Gary the shih tzu pup!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9m...TxfAXRIiU7P-Uw
    My Bunnies Blog: https://thehoppyhouse.wordpress.com
    Instagram: the_hoppy_house

  9. #19
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Bear became so angry and aggressive after Dolly passed away. Wouldn't let me touch him or feed him without him going for me, lots of grunting and boxing and general grumpiness. I've now got my friendly, gorgeous boy back again x
    Untitled by Mrs M, on FlickrUntitled by Mrs M, on Flickr
    Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr

    Bonded group of 8!
    Bear, Greyie, Pete, Buttons, Leo and Adam, Princess and Leia
    Phil & Dev the rescue Guinea Pigs
    Gary the shih tzu pup!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9m...TxfAXRIiU7P-Uw
    My Bunnies Blog: https://thehoppyhouse.wordpress.com
    Instagram: the_hoppy_house

  10. #20
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    13,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k1984 View Post
    I bonded each pair or singleton at a time, adding to the group one by one and waiting till all was calm and settled before trying the next pair or singleton in x
    ahhh. What I meant was did you ever put any together & think I can't leave these overnight (for example) so had to separate for short periods? Or was it one non stop bonding session every time new bunnies joined the group? x

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •