• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I now have a bonded group of 6!

k1984

Mama Doe
Well, I've been quite busy over these last few months. Work has been hectic and hubby and I have been building and sorting out the new rabbit shed...but added to that, I've been busy bonding my 6 rabbits into one large group. We've only gone and done it!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D So from 2 pairs and 2 singletons, I now have 6 calm and content rabbits! :love: They moved into their new home yesterday and I am beyond happy and excited :love:
Rabbit shed still looks pretty basic at the moment but my biggest priority was to get the group bonded and moved in without any fights. So far so good :love:
Pics....
Untitled by Mrs M, on FlickrUntitled by Mrs M, on FlickrUntitled by Mrs M, on FlickrUntitled by Mrs M, on FlickrUntitled by Mrs M, on Flickr
Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr

Oh my well done!!! They all look so happy :love:

Thank you :love: It's been a challenge given that they are a real mix of ages, personalities and breeds :lol: Makes me laugh that Pete (netherland dwarf) is the tiniest of the group and has secured a real bond with Bear (french lop) the oldest and largest of the group. Real little and large haha! x

congratulations, they look very bonded!

is that drinker their only source of water? i don't trust those types (in case the water leaks out) + i'm sure i read that they're not ideal for buns. I have always used a bowl like you have there for their feed.

Thank you so much :love: I did have to psych myself up to get through it, not gonna lie :lol: :lol: Bear was the biggest worry as he had become quite aggressive towards me after losing Dolly his partner a few months ago (they were very closely bonded and in love :cry: ) so I wasn't sure how he'd take it. I was surprised to find he was the easiest to bond! Best part...I've got my friendly, happy boy back too :love:

congratulations, they look very bonded!

is that drinker their only source of water? i don't trust those types (in case the water leaks out) + i'm sure i read that they're not ideal for buns. I have always used a bowl like you have there for their feed.

They have two of these bottles and a bowl of water...like to keep all options :lol: x

Omg the tiny nethie with your big fluffy white bunny is so adorable, and your teddy bear bunnies, is it teddy bear rabbits ? Yvette had one named Roland, I'm sure it was teddy bear something.

Your bunnies are all very sweet.:love:

So pleased - massive congratulations. Bear was last in ? How did it go - not as bad as feared ?

Yes he was last to go...and I was absolutely dreading it! As it turns out...he was the easiest to bond of the lot! Seems he was craving company :love: The most troublesome of them all has been Greyie. She's always been the one trying it on as boss with every bond. Never wins mind :lol: :lol: But yeah...usually the cause of most chases etc until she's put back in her place :lol: :love: I had to tell the group "listen, just get over yourselves! You all get on, you get a much better lifestyle..space, freedom etc. So just get over yourselves and don't kick off!" LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: x

Omg the tiny nethie with your big fluffy white bunny is so adorable, and your teddy bear bunnies, is it teddy bear rabbits ? Yvette had one named Roland, I'm sure it was teddy bear something.

Your bunnies are all very sweet.:love:

Oh I know...of all pairings it's so funny that they've chosen each other! Bear is the red-eyed white french lop and Pete is the small netherland dwarf. Personally I think it's a strategic move that Pete has made. He has been bottom of the hierarchy pile during the bondings, bless him. Bear came in and was top dog. Pete decides to pal up with Bear and suddenly his street-cred within the group rises! 8) Clever move Pete, clever move :lol: :lol: :thumb: :lol: :lol: x

Oh my two fluffsters are Adam and Leo....double maned lion heads. Hard work to maintain but absolutely stunning. They're not in their full coat at the moment- i keep them clipped down and their due another clip in a couple of weeks. In full coat you can't even see their faces they are so fluffy! :shock: x

Yes he was last to go...and I was absolutely dreading it! As it turns out...he was the easiest to bond of the lot! Seems he was craving company :love: The most troublesome of them all has been Greyie. She's always been the one trying it on as boss with every bond. Never wins mind :lol: :lol: But yeah...usually the cause of most chases etc until she's put back in her place :lol: :love: I had to tell the group "listen, just get over yourselves! You all get on, you get a much better lifestyle..space, freedom etc. So just get over yourselves and don't kick off!" LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: x
aww Greyie, gotta love a trier & an optimist
So once you added a bunny (or pair) did you stick with bonding them til all calm or did you have to separate at times to do stuff?

6 bunnies!! I don't envy you bonding them but how amazing now it's all done! :love:

Must admit, I absolutely love just sitting out with them, watching them and feeling very happy and proud that the hard work has paid off :love: x

aww Greyie, gotta love a trier & an optimist
So once you added a bunny (or pair) did you stick with bonding them til all calm or did you have to separate at times to do stuff?

I bonded each pair or singleton at a time, adding to the group one by one and waiting till all was calm and settled before trying the next pair or singleton in :thumb: x

Bear became so angry and aggressive after Dolly passed away. Wouldn't let me touch him or feed him without him going for me, lots of grunting and boxing and general grumpiness. I've now got my friendly, gorgeous boy back again :love: x
Untitled by Mrs M, on FlickrUntitled by Mrs M, on Flickr

I bonded each pair or singleton at a time, adding to the group one by one and waiting till all was calm and settled before trying the next pair or singleton in :thumb: x

ahhh. What I meant was did you ever put any together & think I can't leave these overnight (for example) so had to separate for short periods? Or was it one non stop bonding session every time new bunnies joined the group? x

Back