• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Misha is getting spayed

On Monday she is getting done,she will be 5 and a half months.
Feeling so guilty but i know it is for her own good, been scared for all my other pets in the past, but a rabbit is just so delicate! her poor heart will be near bursting.

On Monday she is getting done,she will be 5 and a half months.
Feeling so guilty but i know it is for her own good, been scared for all my other pets in the past, but a rabbit is just so delicate! her poor heart will be near bursting.
dear Scottish bluebird,--is misha the only rabbit.??-I would have second thoughts,-I know,-[diseases]-I bought into that too,-spent thousands$$,-but it is 50/50 decision,even though there was no evidence,--maybe a blood test.??-angelie jolie did it..sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

I would always have a female rabbit spayed, I know it is a worrying time but it is the best thing to do to avoid behavioural problems and the high risk of cancer in later life. If your vet is rabbit savvy they will have carried out many rabbit spays. Make sure they give her pain relief, and pain relief to bring home for you to give her. Lately I have had rabbits from rescues so they have already had the op, but my last pair of girls that I had spayed recovered well and quickly. They often fancy herbs, Readigrass etc, and vegetable/fruit based baby food is good to have in if you need to mix meds in, my bunny eats the Aldi mamia pouch carrot apple and parsnip one with metacam mixed in after his dentals.

Sending lots of vibes for the op.

Sending loads of positive vibes for Misha for her spay tomorrow. I can understand that it will be a worrying time for you and I hope that you soon hear that she is OK and you can bring her home.

Sending lots of vibes for Misha, keep yourself busy while she is at vets, time soon goes, and I'm sure she'll be fine xxx

Thanks, as has been said, it's to reduce cancer, she is an only bunny.
I got a taxi down to the vet, driver asks whats wrong, i tell him just spaying, but i worry, he then says 'it's just a really big sleep' i said that sounds like she's gonna die!! he tried to back track, and said he was gonna have to tell his wife he said that, and that she would call him a right idiot, i was laughing all the way, when we got out he was still shaking his head lol

Sending loads of vibes for Misha. I hope that all goes well and that soon you'll hear from the vets that you can pick her up and bring her home.

Poor girl, but i am just so so glad she is home.
Had to laugh at one of my dogs, Spyro is a springer staffy cross so not very small, when i put Misha in her cage, she went right to the bed bit, Spyro went in the cage after her seeing if she was ok, even though the dogs got to see her in the carrier. (just to be clear, Misha is the boss of the dogs lol)
DSCN0323.jpg

so pleased that she is home, such a relief. Hope she is soon up and about and managing a few nibbles, some dampened herbs always go down well.

Aw, poor girl. But so glad she's home and you can relax a bit more knowing she's safe :) She'll probably be a bit out of it for the rest of the day, maybe a bit tomorrow too. Do you by any chance have any dried forage (e.g ribwort, blackberry leaves, dandelion leaves etc)? I know this may sound odd but I personally found that was the first thing most of mine went for - even before the fresh veg/herbs/forage in many cases! Sometimes it can take a bit of time before they start eating and I wouldn't expect anything for a few hours at least but it's always good to have some options ready for her if she does feel like nibbling something :D
That's so sweet that your dog wanted to see that she was okay :love:
I am however having an amusing time picturing a springer/staffy cross in a rabbit cage :lol:

Aw, poor girl. But so glad she's home and you can relax a bit more knowing she's safe :) She'll probably be a bit out of it for the rest of the day, maybe a bit tomorrow too. Do you by any chance have any dried forage (e.g ribwort, blackberry leaves, dandelion leaves etc)? I know this may sound odd but I personally found that was the first thing most of mine went for - even before the fresh veg/herbs/forage in many cases! Sometimes it can take a bit of time before they start eating and I wouldn't expect anything for a few hours at least but it's always good to have some options ready for her if she does feel like nibbling something :D
That's so sweet that your dog wanted to see that she was okay :love:
I am however having an amusing time picturing a springer/staffy cross in a rabbit cage :lol:

I wish i had got a pic!, both dogs get on great with her, both were looking for her when i came back alone.
I don't have any dried leaves, i did give her some vetch that she loves, she had a nibble.

I know for sure she has ate a blueberry and 4 strands of vetch, THINK maybe a nibble of hay, i just gave her a little so less chance of lying on it
I tried some water on a spoon, but was not interested.
She was also washing her face too

bless her washing her little face :love: she sounds like she's doing ok, nibbling is good. Hope she has a good night, you too.

She seems ok, but poop is small. She wanted out, but just lying around. It seems guilt is VERY expensive, i went on Pet Planet, and since it saves £7.99 on postage if over £39, i kinda went nuts, got loads of treats and different types of hay!:oops:
I caught Spyro half in the cage, nothing to do with Misha this time, just seeing if he can eat anything!
DSCN0325.jpg

Last edited:
Back