• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many breed of rabbits has thick skin and huge paws like a snow leopard? See video

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
I have rabbits for 21 years, among all those rabbits, I can easily feel the contour of their skin, and the structure (bone) benneath it.

Now, last year, I adopt a bun from SPCA that is a mix breed of 40% lop + ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuT92zfRODo

and by coincidence, I meet a person at facebook who also have an virtually identical rabbit in Germany. And her German vet told her that if the tip of the fur has a black dot, it means that rabbit contains some wild rabbit genes.

I have seen Chocolate Dutch that seems to really thick skin.

As to my rabbit, his wt. is only 2 KG. he's not fat. But he feels so fluffy, you can't feel the bone underneath it, it's like there is no depth, no bottom when you feel the fur. His skin feels really thick.

If I would like to adopt another bun like this, which breed(s) should I be looking for?

say he's 1/2 German lop.

besides, lop, what about breed is deep skin?

I know Chocolate Dutch is definitely in this category, what do you think?

yes. Very thick skin / fur. It's like there is no end to the depth of his skin. Like a fluffy pillow that you cannot reach to the bottom

Back