Thread: How many breed of rabbits has thick skin and huge paws like a snow leopard? See video

Default How many breed of rabbits has thick skin and huge paws like a snow leopard? See video

I have rabbits for 21 years, among all those rabbits, I can easily feel the contour of their skin, and the structure (bone) benneath it.

Now, last year, I adopt a bun from SPCA that is a mix breed of 40% lop + ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuT92zfRODo

and by coincidence, I meet a person at facebook who also have an virtually identical rabbit in Germany. And her German vet told her that if the tip of the fur has a black dot, it means that rabbit contains some wild rabbit genes.

I have seen Chocolate Dutch that seems to really thick skin.

As to my rabbit, his wt. is only 2 KG. he's not fat. But he feels so fluffy, you can't feel the bone underneath it, it's like there is no depth, no bottom when you feel the fur. His skin feels really thick.

If I would like to adopt another bun like this, which breed(s) should I be looking for?
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Gandhi

German Lop, maybe? That's what he looks like to my incredibly untrained and inexperienced-with-breeds eye
    https://www.google.com/search?q=germ...ih=966#imgrc=_
    Though I admit he does also have certain wild-like characteristics. Maybe a wild parent/grandparent? His ears are a bit shorter than a normal lop imo

lovely bun
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

say he's 1/2 German lop.

besides, lop, what about breed is deep skin?

I know Chocolate Dutch is definitely in this category, what do you think?
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Gandhi

By skin, do you mean dense fur?

yes. Very thick skin / fur. It's like there is no end to the depth of his skin. Like a fluffy pillow that you cannot reach to the bottom