• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutches *update* change of circumstances

Sarah298

Young Bun
Hi I’m just wondering if anyone had any photos of hutches in the house? We’re also looking at the indoor enclosure at MPH if anyone has pictures of that or something similar. They would be in the front room so ideally in a room that isn’t a rabbit room?

Our 2 have always been destructive rabbits but theyve become so much more recently and we’re now toying with the idea of shutting them away whilst we’re out and overnight and then letting them have free run of the downstairs and garden when we’re home. The only space we have though is 2m x 1m which I know isn't really big enough so already feel guilty enough.

Edit:

Sorry I didn’t want to start a new post again.

So I went ahead and got the hutch from P@H (6ft x 2ft 2 tier) as recommended by Tonibun but my situation has since changed. Can I just say thanks to Zoobec for your advice as I was pretty upset and confused when I messaged you thinking I was going to have to rehome the rabbits.

I had to leave my house quickly as my husband and I have split and the rabbits and I are currently at my mums in a small bedroom. The rabbits are going crazy after just a few days of being shut in one room because of my mums cats. In an ideal world my mums garden would be clear and I would get the girls a shed and a run for them to live outside in, but at the minute that isn’t possible as the garden is SO overgrown with brambles galore and would take a while to clear and then make suitable.

I’ve thought about it and I have a patio area outside of the room I’m in which I was thinking of putting the hutch and an xl run from Home and Roost for them to live in for the time being. Would this be ok? I’m going to have a read over what people do for keeping rabbits outside as that’s new to me but any advice would be appreciated in the meantime.

Betty and Jess have always been house rabbits since I got them a few years ago and I think Betty struggles with arthritis so I’m a bit worried she might struggle. She also struggles to keep her bottom end clean I think because of arthritis so I’m worried about fly strike etc. Finally, are they ok to be moved out this time of year?

Thanks in advance.

Ps. If anyone is in or near Plymouth that could make use of a 3m x 2.1m summer house I’m in contact with someone giving it away for free. I was going to take it as it was the perfect size but then my rabbits would have been at the back of the house out of the way which i wasn’t happy with.

Last edited:
What about the new 6 x 2 2-tier hutch from Pets at Home. Chartwell do a similar one. That would be a decent space for 2 rabbits. Do they get lots of hay?

Will have a look thank you. They get unlimited hay but Jess eats very little (dental rabbit) even when we try and temp we with different types and have lots of tunnels and toys to keep them entertained.

Back