• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding London

Zigzag

Alpha Buck
:wave:

Hi,

I’m away in Sept and wondered if anyone has a personal recommendation for a boarders in London? They are so, so hard to find. We are away for over 2 weeks, so would prefer to get them boarded rather than get someone to pop in.

Thanks v much

X

Thank you, I’ve requested this before, I never seem to get many responses!

I wish there were way more options x

Thank you, I’ve requested this before, I never seem to get many responses!

I wish there were way more options x
Yea I can only suggest the place I did before with the pug [emoji38] there's not enough in the London area unfortunately :(

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Are you anywhere near Chingford at all? There are boarding facilities there which seem to be either a part of, or affiliated with, Goddards vet group:

https://www.goddardvetgroup.co.uk/chingford-boarding-kennels-and-cattery/

I haven't used them myself so can't give a personal recommendation. However they state they have on site vets which would give peace of mind. Although one thing that concerned me was they only say they "recommend" that rabbits should be vaccinated. Personally I would only want to board my rabbits somewhere where proof of vaccination was mandatory.

If you're anywhere near Chingford it might be worth visiting to see what it's like as they unfortunately don't seem to have any photos of the accommodation either!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Ok, I've just had a look at some reviews and they're a bit of a mixed bag! A lot of people saying the place was very clean and their animals were well looked after. Others saying it was filthy and their pets were starved and/or picked up a load of ailments while they were there!

Definitely one to visit in person.

Thank you v much for this. Unfortunately I’m not based near Chingford, as I’m in Streatham Hill. I should have said that in the first place! But v much appreciate your recommendation. I looked on small pets boarding and found a bunny boarding place in New Malden which I’m considering. I so wish there were more options x

Sadly, from previous experience I wouldn't recommend to board a rabbit here, even though my old Vet - who was fantastic and very bunny savy worked at one of their other branches. We tried it once many years ago in the 90's and were very disappointed. The accommodation we were shown on a pre visit was not where our rabbit was housed when we arrived with him just before we left for our holiday, it was outside; I asked for him to be moved and they quickly, infront of me put him in an inside pen that had just be vacated, and although they cleared it out they weren't going to disinfect it until I mentioned it. I spent the entire holiday worrying about him. Also we left some eye drops which we don't believe were used. However, as I say this was many years ago so perhaps it may it have changed since them.

Are you anywhere near Chingford at all? There are boarding facilities there which seem to be either a part of, or affiliated with, Goddards vet group:

https://www.goddardvetgroup.co.uk/chingford-boarding-kennels-and-cattery/

I haven't used them myself so can't give a personal recommendation. However they state they have on site vets which would give peace of mind. Although one thing that concerned me was they only say they "recommend" that rabbits should be vaccinated. Personally I would only want to board my rabbits somewhere where proof of vaccination was mandatory.

If you're anywhere near Chingford it might be worth visiting to see what it's like as they unfortunately don't seem to have any photos of the accommodation either!

Sadly, from previous experience I wouldn't recommend to board a rabbit here, even though my old Vet - who was fantastic and very bunny savy worked at one of their other branches. We tried it once many years ago in the 90's and were very disappointed. The accommodation we were shown on a pre visit was not where our rabbit was housed when we arrived with him just before we left for our holiday, it was outside; I asked for him to be moved and they quickly, infront of me put him in an inside pen that had just be vacated, and although they cleared it out they weren't going to disinfect it until I mentioned it. I spent the entire holiday worrying about him. Also we left some eye drops which we don't believe were used. However, as I say this was many years ago so perhaps it may it have changed since them.
Thank you. It's really useful to hear feedback from someone who has used them. I'd like to think they've improved since you used them but unfortunately there's no guarantee of that! As I mentioned in my OP, there are things about them that are setting off red flags for me, particularly the non-insistance on vaccinations and lack of photos of the accommodation. Also from what I could see no mention of how rabbit savvy they are there.

My gut feeling is telling me to avoid them and sadly you're experience does confirm that.

Back