Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rabbit barely eating

so sorry for your loss xx

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by novaswift View Post
    Its only been 48 hours since Lola passed and I'm comforted by everyones kindness on this forum . To be honest anyone I've spoken to has been very understanding (even at work) and all have mentioned how a pet can get under your skin. My neighbours are keen dog owners and have suffered loss so they have been very supportive.
    Its my first experience of this and to be honest I've been deeply affected by this. How long it will take to get back to normal I'm unsure. Both my wife and I feel as though our stomachs are in knots. Im sure most of the users on here have had similar feelings many times. As I said before time will heal, maybe even another bunny but for now I can't even think of one in Lola's place
    You are fortunate to be surrounded by so many supportive people. Eventually you will adjust to a new normal, one where your fond memories of Lola make you smile and cry at the same time. Please know when I suggested another bunny, it was so a different bunny could experience the love you and your family gave Lola. It may take time.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 04-07-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    You are fortunate to be surrounded by so many supportive people. Eventually you will adjust to a new normal, one where your fond memories of Lola make you smile and cry at the same time. Please know when I suggested another bunny, it was so a different bunny could experience the love you and your family gave Lola. It may take time.
    I appreciate that thanks. Genuine grief for a pet is new to me and at times I can't believe the feeling of loss both my wife and I are experiencing . The speed in which we lost her certainly hasn't helped. I work mainly on my own and this is where I find myself thinking of Lola constantly. I actually find I'm telling myself to get a grip at times as we have friends who have much more serious issues to contend with. I'm sorry to drone on about this as the people on this forum have been hugely supportive .
    Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Quote Originally Posted by novaswift View Post
    I appreciate that thanks. Genuine grief for a pet is new to me and at times I can't believe the feeling of loss both my wife and I are experiencing . The speed in which we lost her certainly hasn't helped. I work mainly on my own and this is where I find myself thinking of Lola constantly. I actually find I'm telling myself to get a grip at times as we have friends who have much more serious issues to contend with. I'm sorry to drone on about this as the people on this forum have been hugely supportive .
    Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
    You are not 'droning on'. The loss of a much loved Rabbit is heartbreaking. Rabbits are not 'just Rabbits'. They become part of our family. Of course other people have their own trials and heartbreaks to deal with, but that does not negate how devastated you and your wife are feeling. You have every right to feel as you do, regardless of what others may be having to go through. Loss, 'difficult times', heartbreak are all individual experiences; one person's situation cannot be compared to another's as being 'worse'. Emotions do not work like that. Everyone has an absolute right to feel as they do, it does not make you or anyone else 'self pitying'. It is all part of being human.

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

An Ex RUer needs as much help as possible

https://www.gofundme.com/f/gemma-amp...-0xbTXWRb42ov4

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    You are not 'droning on'. The loss of a much loved Rabbit is heartbreaking. Rabbits are not 'just Rabbits'. They become part of our family. Of course other people have their own trials and heartbreaks to deal with, but that does not negate how devastated you and your wife are feeling. You have every right to feel as you do, regardless of what others may be having to go through. Loss, 'difficult times', heartbreak are all individual experiences; one person's situation cannot be compared to another's as being 'worse'. Emotions do not work like that. Everyone has an absolute right to feel as they do, it does not make you or anyone else 'self pitying'. It is all part of being human.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    totally agree.

i also think that rabbits are quite 'vulnerable' in many ways, so the human/bun bond can be very strong. i tend to find that feelings of guilt and 'i could've/should've done better' are often present....... but they are animals, so can't tell us wha is wrong & being prey animals they hide any illnesses.

please feel free here to express yourself in any way you like. You are among friends who all know about the pain of losing a bun best friend. xxx
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    totally agree.

i also think that rabbits are quite 'vulnerable' in many ways, so the human/bun bond can be very strong. i tend to find that feelings of guilt and 'i could've/should've done better' are often present....... but they are animals, so can't tell us wha is wrong & being prey animals they hide any illnesses.

please feel free here to express yourself in any way you like. You are among friends who all know about the pain of losing a bun best friend. xxx
    Thank you for your kind words. unfortunately it seems its very difficult to pinpoint an illness with such a fragile little bun. Lola was being treated for suspected stasis
    and was eating and drinking to the end but lost a good bit of weight over the last 48 hours . She hadn't been spayed so were looking at possible cancer. We will never know. Pity they can't speak!