Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Complex toys

  1. #1
    Alpha Buck Orenoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    807

    Default Complex toys

    Hi all

    Lilac has been on her own for about a month now she's doing quite well and is slightly more friendly with us. I hide her food and give her toys every morning when I leave for work and at night to keep her busy as I worry she'll get bored, although she isn't showing any signs of it yet. Trouble is she works out all the toys so quickly! I hide her food in boxes, toilet roll tubes, a food ball, I've tried everything I can think of, but she's got them all sussed out now. Can anyone recommend any more complex toys/ways of hiding food? Happy to either make or buy, she doesn't play for the sake of playing, there has to be food involved, so something I can hide food in would be ideal. Thanks in advance!

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Mum to Lilac, an extremely spoiled mini lop

  2. #2
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orenoko View Post
    Hi all

    Lilac has been on her own for about a month now she's doing quite well and is slightly more friendly with us. I hide her food and give her toys every morning when I leave for work and at night to keep her busy as I worry she'll get bored, although she isn't showing any signs of it yet. Trouble is she works out all the toys so quickly! I hide her food in boxes, toilet roll tubes, a food ball, I've tried everything I can think of, but she's got them all sussed out now. Can anyone recommend any more complex toys/ways of hiding food? Happy to either make or buy, she doesn't play for the sake of playing, there has to be food involved, so something I can hide food in would be ideal. Thanks in advance!

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    The living world one! They have to slide stuff around... How smart is she though? My white buns really struggle with it, Clementine isn't bothered and Atticus is too smart for his own good he completes every level it has, took him a few minutes the first time he did it I struggle with him though he gets bored so easily without challenges

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Alpha Buck Orenoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    The living world one! They have to slide stuff around... How smart is she though? My white buns really struggle with it, Clementine isn't bothered and Atticus is too smart for his own good he completes every level it has, took him a few minutes the first time he did it I struggle with him though he gets bored so easily without challenges

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Do you have a link? I think she's reasonably smart but she's never really been properly challenged so I could be wrong I just want something that will keep her occupied for longer periods.

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Mum to Lilac, an extremely spoiled mini lop

  4. #4
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orenoko View Post
    Do you have a link? I think she's reasonably smart but she's never really been properly challenged so I could be wrong I just want something that will keep her occupied for longer periods.

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Living World 3-in-1 Teach-n-Treat Interactive Toy https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004HYW9..._8VEfDbZ5WX2GC

    This

    They also do a wooden one, which I don't have but I do have the wooden one for hamsters much smaller - and they both love it I think it's simpler though


    What about forage stuffed wood? Twig and nibble do some my white buns like them, also the willow hampers I don't open them.. They have to fight their way in... Also pets at home are making a hay cube now which is stuffed with hay and forage which they absolutely love (I don't know what's in it though they don't seem to have ingredients on it ) the cube is cardboard though and they destroy it, gets messy but holds their interest for like a whole week til it's all gone... They are eating cardboard though... Which people aren't always okay with

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Graciee; 28-06-2019 at 11:43 AM.

  5. #5
    Alpha Buck Orenoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Living World 3-in-1 Teach-n-Treat Interactive Toy https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004HYW9..._8VEfDbZ5WX2GC

    This


    What about forage stuffed wood? Twig and nibble do some my white buns like them, also the willow hampers I don't open them.. They have to fight their way in... Also pets at home are making a hay cube now which is stuffed with hay and forage which they absolutely love (I don't know what's in it though they don't seem to have ingredients on it ) the cube is cardboard though and they destroy it, gets messy but holds their interest for like a whole week til it's all gone... They are eating cardboard though... Which people aren't always okay with

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    That looks perfect, I think I looked at it before but wasn't sure if it was suitable. A stuffed branch would be ideal as well, don't know why I didn't think of that one myself! I bought her a forage tray from twig and nibble a couple of days ago, she hasn't had it yet but if she likes it (and I'm sure she will) I'll get her a box.

    I think I read somewhere that those hay cubes sometimes have glue in them, although I don't know for sure.

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Mum to Lilac, an extremely spoiled mini lop

  6. #6
    Mama Doe binkyCodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    in my blanket fort - with the bunnies
    Posts
    2,907
    rabbits are like angels; they have a way of finding people that need them, and filling an emptiness they didn't even know they had.

  7. #7
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    34,031

    Default

    You might find some ideas from the RAW week posts, hears a link to the main thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...rizes-amp-info

  8. #8
    Forum Buddy mini lop1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    50,186

    Default

    The living world game is great fun for them with treats. Also the link posted above to recent raw week members ideas for keeping buns miss entertained

  9. #9
    Alpha Buck Orenoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by binkyCodie View Post
    I'd seen a video of this on Instagram and wondered where you could buy it! Thanks!
    Mum to Lilac, an extremely spoiled mini lop

  10. #10
    Alpha Buck Orenoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Thanks everyone, she is going to think I've gone crazy with the amount of toys I keep buying her! ��
    Mum to Lilac, an extremely spoiled mini lop

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •