• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Low calcium water?

Graciee

Staff member
So we only use Ashbeck here, but what are other low calcium waters? :)

Thinking of trying Clementine with a few different ones see if she prefers one more etc :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I think once they are low calcium they all taste similar. The lowest is Deeside, but it's very hard to get hold of. Then Tesco Ashbeck and Volvic are virtually the same.

I think once they are low calcium they all taste similar. The lowest is Deeside, but it's very hard to get hold of. Then Tesco Ashbeck and Volvic are virtually the same.
Ah okay! She just doesn't seem to drink much ever... The bowl barely goes down.. :(

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Deeside does have a different taste to it. You can only get it at Waitrose. If they even still do it.

I've just looked, and it looks like they've changed it to a glass bottle now, making it stupidly expensive.

My dog has Tesco Ashbeck (thanks to SarahP's help!) and he loves the taste and will choose it over a normal bowl if there's one down luckily but my friends rabbit won't touch it and would drink much less of it sadly!

We drink Tesco Ashbeck as well but I've run out of it once and gave them just tap water and they were fine. I don't normally drink tap water myself it smells badly where i live but they didn't notice a difference I believe.

If not Ashbeck I use Volvic and I like Evian but it is not suitable for making tea.

That's the one I used to buy, yep! I've never seen it in Sainbos here... I'll start buying it again if they start selling it there.

I think the closer you live to Scotland the more likely they sell it. I've even bought it direct from the website before, as I had a piggy who really depended on it. These days I'm using Volvic.

Back