• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

black rabbits & mistaken identity

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
OH woke me up this morning, half asleep himself, and said "I'm a bit worried about Lola, she hasn't moved all night. Every time I've opened my eyes she's just been lying on the landing and I'm not sure she's breathing. Can you check on her?"
He was talking about a black jumper on the floor.

This last week I found myself watching her on webcam for a long time hoping she'd do something before realising I was watching a shadowed cardboard box.

Anyone else have similar issues? :lol:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Reminds me of the Specsavers ad where the vet tries to revive a furry hat.

Reminds me years ago when I took my budgie to the vet in his cage(not recommended as they could panic, however he was fine)My young niece was with me ."Dino" had loose motions etc,the vet looked at him and said how is the other one?The "other one" was a full sized plastic swinging pal.Vet was mortified.:lol:

Last edited:
OH woke me up this morning, half asleep himself, and said "I'm a bit worried about Lola, she hasn't moved all night. Every time I've opened my eyes she's just been lying on the landing and I'm not sure she's breathing. Can you check on her?"
He was talking about a black jumper on the floor.

This last week I found myself watching her on webcam for a long time hoping she'd do something before realising I was watching a shadowed cardboard box.

Anyone else have similar issues? :lol:

so funny!
i have just copy & pasted and emailed my daughter.

Reminds me years ago when I took my budgie to the vet in his cage(not recommended as they could panic, however he was fine)My young niece was with me ."Dino" had loose motions etc,the vet looked at him and said how is the other one?The "other one" was a full sized plastic swinging pal.Vet was mortified.:lol:

Okay, Battlekat, your husband and the black jumper made me chuckle but the vet asking about the plastic bird made me laugh a huge belly laugh.:wave:

These are funny :lol: last week I looked into the garden of my shop and saw what I thought could be a black cat stuck in a bush. On checking, it was a hat :lol:

Thank you for the giggles. I am glad I am not the only one who mistakes what I am seeing for something else.

Just found this thread! So funny!

My late bunny, Spenser Milton, was a VERY white rabbit. He virtually glowed in the dark so no mistaking him for anything else at night. He did sometimes line himself up with soft toys and looked so cute and fluffy he could have been mistaken for a toy rabbit ... except to rabbits tend not to have sharp teeth.

Back