• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

11 wk babies mating?

They are old enough to start their vaccines now so the vet will be able to sex them at their appointment? :) I should've added, i separated the litter I looked after very young as the girl was getting quite distressed by the jumping and the boy with obvious testicles wouldn't let her eat/drink in peace. She was in a pen right next to them so they could still have some interaction.

Don't see any option to like comments just want to thank you all for your support :)

So it is quite clear now that there's three girls and one boy, all are healthy and nice rabbits. Boy has now his own large cage with a wooden house, and girls share same large cage, there's still enough room for the three they are all active and smart rabbits and have their playpen time as well.

Rabbits 2 and 3 are very close they are both shy and gentle girls, No 1 is very bossy. She grooms both girls and keeps mounting them too, sometimes she's chasing them they never fight but just curious should I stop it and separate her or they will sort it out for themselves? They are all friendly and groom each other, sometimes No.1 is too active. No. 2-3 also sometimes trying mounting her.

The boy could be neutered now. If the girls start to squabble and have to be split up, it might then be possible to pair one up with the boy (leaving enough time for him to become infertile after the castration, though). Girls are normally neutered from 6 months, but may become very hormonal before then - so you need to keep an eye on them for signs of falling out. Chasing and mounting are fairly normal but could escalate to a full-on fight, especially if they are in a confined space.

Back