Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11 wk babies mating?

They are old enough to start their vaccines now so the vet will be able to sex them at their appointment? I should've added, i separated the litter I looked after very young as the girl was getting quite distressed by the jumping and the boy with obvious testicles wouldn't let her eat/drink in peace. She was in a pen right next to them so they could still have some interaction.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Don't see any option to like comments just want to thank you all for your support

So it is quite clear now that there's three girls and one boy, all are healthy and nice rabbits. Boy has now his own large cage with a wooden house, and girls share same large cage, there's still enough room for the three they are all active and smart rabbits and have their playpen time as well.

Rabbits 2 and 3 are very close they are both shy and gentle girls, No 1 is very bossy. She grooms both girls and keeps mounting them too, sometimes she's chasing them they never fight but just curious should I stop it and separate her or they will sort it out for themselves? They are all friendly and groom each other, sometimes No.1 is too active. No. 2-3 also sometimes trying mounting her.

Mama Doe

The boy could be neutered now. If the girls start to squabble and have to be split up, it might then be possible to pair one up with the boy (leaving enough time for him to become infertile after the castration, though). Girls are normally neutered from 6 months, but may become very hormonal before then - so you need to keep an eye on them for signs of falling out. Chasing and mounting are fairly normal but could escalate to a full-on fight, especially if they are in a confined space.