• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Holy Poop! Megacolon bunny offering vs normal bunny [poo photo, you've been warned]

He did pass a bit of mucus. He pooped up a storm last night. Left him in my bedroom while I was at work and came back to fewer poops than I expected, but he's eating, in good spirits and apparently spent at least some of the day on my bed!! :)

I took the impressive sample to the vets with me when I took Dora this morning, the vet was shocked as well. She kept it lol.

Poor Dora is still losing weight, but whether this is because of her eating, the fluid moving out of her body or something else we don't know yet. Her body condition is still good. Her teeth are fairly bad though so vet wants to review her next Weds for a possible dental. On a good note, her heart rate is now countable, so it looks like the left side of her heart has slowed down, which presumably means the right side is now active :)

It is good he is able to pass more poos.
Sending some vibes for Dara too. My Raven is a dental bunny and even a moderate dental issue can cause him to not want to eat, especially hay or pellets.

I forgot what thread I was posting in when I did the update on Pandora :lol: then just shrugged. She's elderly and the vet thought that her cheek muscles had weakened with age and that's why the teeth aren't getting worn down properly. She's been having dentals for the last couple of years. As soon as she was diagnosed with the cardiomegaly and dilated cardiomyopathy I realised that her next dental would be quite possibly the end for her. The vet is taking it very personally but I did say to her that if the worst case scenario is that Dora, a nine year old rabbit with multiple major health issues, passes away under anaesthetic surrounded by a vet team who are very fond of her and having been on meds that have made her feel a lot better, that's not really the most terrible thing that could happen in the scheme of things.

I forgot what thread I was posting in when I did the update on Pandora :lol: then just shrugged. She's elderly and the vet thought that her cheek muscles had weakened with age and that's why the teeth aren't getting worn down properly. She's been having dentals for the last couple of years. As soon as she was diagnosed with the cardiomegaly and dilated cardiomyopathy I realised that her next dental would be quite possibly the end for her. The vet is taking it very personally but I did say to her that if the worst case scenario is that Dora, a nine year old rabbit with multiple major health issues, passes away under anaesthetic surrounded by a vet team who are very fond of her and having been on meds that have made her feel a lot better, that's not really the most terrible thing that could happen in the scheme of things.

I completely agree. I hope Dora can remain comfortable for as long as possible xx

Thanks both. Mummy's tough cookie sailed through the anaesthetic and is currently rambling around the house looking very content. She is asking what all the fuss was about.

Thanks both. Mummy's tough cookie sailed through the anaesthetic and is currently rambling around the house looking very content. She is asking what all the fuss was about.

Wonderful update. Sending vibes for many more good days for your tough girl.

Back