• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun safe grass seed?

Graciee

Staff member
Anyone got any recommendations? Or anything I should avoid? This would be for them to be on and graze on so needs to be safe :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Are you after a big bag, or just a small amount?
Err either tbh! I have little patches to do, but there's other bits in the garden that could do with being done too [emoji38] so whatever is safe really :)

I'll have a look at the bag I've used for a couple of years now... Got it from Amazon but I can't think of the brand till I see it.

For small areas, you could try Galen's Garden. But that's way too expensive for a large area.

Just check that the seed has not been coated with anything. The last lot I bought was loose in Wilko, so you can buy as much as you need.

Ooo if that's safe I'll get that thank you :)

I went to b and q this evening needed a light switch, had a look at their grass seed... All seemed to be with chemicals in :(

i think the any grass when grown would be ok (?), just be aware that seeds are usually coated in fungicide

Ooo if that's safe I'll get that thank you :)

I went to b and q this evening needed a light switch, had a look at their grass seed... All seemed to be with chemicals in :(

I'm so slow today. I read this as you went to B&Q and it was so dark in there that you felt you needed a light switch. I had visions of you peering at the boxes of grass seed in the dark. :lol:

I'm so slow today. I read this as you went to B&Q and it was so dark in there that you felt you needed a light switch. I had visions of you peering at the boxes of grass seed in the dark. [emoji38]
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

80% Perennial Ryegrass

20% Strong Creeping Red Fescue

Anyone know if these are safe types?

80% Perennial Ryegrass

20% Strong Creeping Red Fescue

Anyone know if these are safe types?

As far as I know there is no grass species, which is not safe :) However, from working on my grass project at home I can tell you that we have Perennial Ryegrass in our hay patch. We also have a couple of the Fescues, but not Strong Creeping Red Fescue.

They will be perfectly OK :)

As far as I know there is no grass species, which is not safe :) However, from working on my grass project at home I can tell you that we have Perennial Ryegrass in our hay patch. We also have a couple of the Fescues, but not Strong Creeping Red Fescue.

They will be perfectly OK :)
Thank you Omi :D

Back