Thread: Otoscope

Default Otoscope

Does anyone have one in their first aid kit and if so recommendations please?

Obviously I would always take a rabbit for a through vet check if I was in any way concerned but my vet has shown me what to look for in specific buns and I thought it might be nice if I could check them regularly at home.
    I Suffer From Multiple Rabbit Syndrome
    (Because One Rabbit Is Never Enough!)

Quote Originally Posted by Amy104 View Post

Obviously I would always take a rabbit for a through vet check if I was in any way concerned but my vet has shown me what to look for in specific buns and I thought it might be nice if I could check them regularly at home.
    Yes, I have two

https://www.medisave.co.uk/welch-all...lackberry.html

https://www.medisave.co.uk/heine-vet...osed-2-5v.html

The second one was a gift, no way could I afford it myself xx

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Thanks Jane

Second one is a nice gift!

Thanks Jane

Second one is a nice gift!
    Indeed, it was from a very dear friend

NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

I bought one years ago from Ebay, I think it was about 20. Several different colours, and a pack of 'cones'. It's good enough for my buns

What size soecula do you usually use Jane?

I got one on eBay few years back, then got a better one, they do come in handy

I also have two... But that's because I lost the first one Ultimately found it again
    I got mine on ebay, I think the brand is called Ynr - comes in lots of colours so probably easy to find. I find it does a decent enough job, though I've never had experience with another one!
    I've spotted spurs using it in the past which has alerted me to a situation before it got any worse so personally I find it useful I don't check all the buns though - just the cooperative ones
    The others I ever so kindly save for the vet

What size soecula do you usually use Jane?
    Sorry, I missed tis. What size specula I used depends on if ai am looking at ears or teeth. Also, my VL lops ear canals are very long so a longer speculum is needed.

dear amy104,---[otoscope]-only one of many recommended medical-necessities,,-stethoscope,any thing you see the dvm using is a good idea,generally purchased at a pharmaceutical/or/online..--we are first line responders for any medical emergency-and with a rabbit time is everything..from the exotic dvm,s I learned as much as possible,knowledge is bliss,do-not let it come with a cost,sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa