• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

#Maine Coon Monday

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
As the themed photo threads for RAW seemed to be quite popular, Freddie has demanded that we have a week devoted to him and his feline friends. I tried explaining to him that the forum is called RABBITS United but, quite frankly, he didn't give a stuff. [emoji23][emoji23]

As the theme is all about Freddie, he stipulated that today must be Maine coon Monday. But, between you and me, I would love to see ANY of your kitties so this will secretly be known as

Maine coon, moggy and every other kitty Monday.

Please join in, I could do with something to smile at right now.
e2ba2d7d25f334998ac62b47168e3cd3.jpg
e0655c50cffbaf9b6454dd768bcf2fa8.jpg

I don't have a photo as proof, but Freddie might be interested to know that I once saw our neighbour's cat curled up in full possession of our BIRD table!

Is that your new kitchen ? Naughty Freddie. ;)
Yes! Still not finished so don't look at the wonky plug sockets. [emoji23][emoji23]

It's actually judt a giant cat playground at the moment - Freddie's been in the cupboards, under the cupboards, along the top of the cupboards and onto the fridge freezer. [emoji23][emoji23] We've had to cover up the new cooker because he started chewing all the polystyrene packaging too.

I thought he would be growing out of the naughtiness but he's turned into a right *** all of a sudden. [emoji23][emoji23] He jumped out of our bathroom window last night onto the outhouse roof so I sent my daughter out of the window after him.

I cant contribute any pics, but Maine Coons certainly are stunning cats :love: What are they like character wise ? I have heard that they are a lot more affectionate than other cat breeds and less 'humans are just my slaves'. Sort of more of a companion ??

They're said to be very outgoing and much more dog-like too; a dog in a cat's body really. He's very vocal too and, if he's chilling in the garden somewhere, he's often easy to find because he'll rush out to greet you, chirping his head off as though he hasn't seen you in weeks - I'm used to cats who are like "Oh, it's you, so what". [emoji23][emoji23]

They're supposed to be intelligent too but Freddie isn't showing any signs of that being the case. [emoji23]

Sherlock says "hello" to Freddie! we speculate he has some sort of maine coon in him. he's quite large at 6kg (last time he was weighed, quite some time ago :lol:) and his brother is even bigger at 8kg roughly, along with his brother being waterproof and quite a bit fluffier, something tied to main coons usually. his brother also has the faceshape more. Sherlock just looks more like a large hienz 57 :lol:

here he is hiding under the slide that we don't get rid of as he likes going under there so much!
oEHDB1kl.jpg
GTFcrjRl.jpg

Sherlock is very handsome. [emoji7] Freddie was around 6kg last time we checked (he's due a health check at the vet tomorrow actually) but he's really long and skinny. You pick him up and he throws himself back in your arms like a baby but he's getting too big to cradle. [emoji23]

They're said to be very outgoing and much more dog-like too; a dog in a cat's body really. He's very vocal too and, if he's chilling in the garden somewhere, he's often easy to find because he'll rush out to greet you, chirping his head off as though he hasn't seen you in weeks - I'm used to cats who are like "Oh, it's you, so what". [emoji23][emoji23]

They're supposed to be intelligent too but Freddie isn't showing any signs of that being the case
. [emoji23]

Ah, but he knows far more than he lets on. You have been warned.................... ! :shock: :lol:

Oh I'm loving this thread, sorry but Freddie can do no wrong in my eyes, just love him :love: All kitties are lovely though, give me a minute and I'll find some of my gorgeous Georgie boy :D

Back