Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pip not eating

So the emergency vets gave her meds and some fluid injections that sit under the skin to help her hydrate.

I took her home, and this morning she was hungry for nuggets and back to her old self.

My wife is at our regular vets with her now, luckily the father in law is around so he is in the waiting room with the little one.

I'm at work so don't know what the vet has said yet.

Not sure what bought this on, we haven't changed their food or anything like that, they did get cleaned out yesterday but there were no new cleaning solutions or anything like that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I hope she is back to normal now. Did they check her teeth?

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

I'm not sure.

They didn't last night, but she gave the vet a bad bite that bled a lot, and was still bleeding 20 minutes later.

My wife said the vet gave her some injections, but didn't say if they checked her teeth.

Had a chat with the wife.

The vet checked Pips front teeth but couldn't check the back ones. (She really struggles so would probably need to be sedated)

Listened to her gut and all that, said the she could feel a little gas and some hard poos.

She gave her some injections and instructions to monitor eating and pooing, looking out for soft poos.

The wife said pip has been out in the run munching hay, and I fed her some tasty grass which she gobbled up and they both got half a treat each.

Oops, poor vet! Glad to hear that she’s munching hay today, hoping she continues to improve x
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
    I'm not sure.

They didn't last night, but she gave the vet a bad bite that bled a lot, and was still bleeding 20 minutes later.

My wife said the vet gave her some injections, but didn't say if they checked her teeth.

dear Zarathustra,--a facial radiograph is required to identify teeth/mouth problems,once viewed,a discussion can begin as how to approach a problem,..then comes the anesthesia --whereas the teeth are properly inspected,and cared for..this is the only way to properly treat a rabbit--,anything else is guesswork..--and painful--sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa

Hope Pip continues to be on the mend. Sounds like you have had a stressful time with her.

Hope that Pip is feeling better this morning ?

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.