• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit thumping his feet

Eliza39

Young Bun
I posted a couple of weeks ago that we have an 8 year old Netherland dwarf and we recently got 2 dwarf lop brothers. 1 suddenly passed 3 days later of suspected vhd2 or liver disease. Beau has continued to be well and very happy but very needy. Hes a submissive rabbit, he loved his brother cuddling up and washing him. We have to give Beau now a lot of attention which is fine but of course I cant always be sat outside. We never had any intention of mixing them with Snowy our older boy but they could see each other across the garden in their hutches and Snowy seemed fine.

Yesterday we moved Beaus run and hutch beside Snowys so that they were closer for a bit of company. Snowy is usually a lazy boy but since Beau has been nearer hes been running around up and down his run, climbing up the metal bars. Hes also thumping his back foot a lot. Is this him just showing he's boss and it'll settle or should I move Beau back across the garden? Beau seems totally fine and happy, always greeting snowy.

Snowy doesnt seem distressed but a tad cheesed off. Hes still eating and drinking fine. Last night after we put Beau in his hutch for the night Smowy sat in his tub staring at the hitch for ages. Snowy is soft as a brush, such a lovely gentle boy, weve never seen him thump before and I don't want to upset him.

I posted a couple of weeks ago that we have an 8 year old Netherland dwarf and we recently got 2 dwarf lop brothers. 1 suddenly passed 3 days later of suspected vhd2 or liver disease. Beau has continued to be well and very happy but very needy. Hes a submissive rabbit, he loved his brother cuddling up and washing him. We have to give Beau now a lot of attention which is fine but of course I cant always be sat outside. We never had any intention of mixing them with Snowy our older boy but they could see each other across the garden in their hutches and Snowy seemed fine.

Yesterday we moved Beaus run and hutch beside Snowys so that they were closer for a bit of company. Snowy is usually a lazy boy but since Beau has been nearer hes been running around up and down his run, climbing up the metal bars. Hes also thumping his back foot a lot. Is this him just showing he's boss and it'll settle or should I move Beau back across the garden? Beau seems totally fine and happy, always greeting snowy.

Snowy doesnt seem distressed but a tad cheesed off. Hes still eating and drinking fine. Last night after we put Beau in his hutch for the night Smowy sat in his tub staring at the hitch for ages. Snowy is soft as a brush, such a lovely gentle boy, weve never seen him thump before and I don't want to upset him.
dear eliza39,--this thumping means a few different things..-[warning],-[frustration],-[discontent]--here is a link that will better explain http://language.rabbitsspeak.com language of the lagamorph sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa

Back