• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

apple wood

Pete

New Kit
I have been giving my rabbits apple wood to chew on and they REALLY like it. can I give them too much?I have it in there pen all the time I also give them timothy hay pellets and a little rolled oats.

safe woods/plants

I have been giving my rabbits apple wood to chew on and they REALLY like it. can I give them too much?I have it in there pen all the time I also give them timothy hay pellets and a little rolled oats.
dear pete,-clean apple branches twigs,[safe woods]-are excellent for keeping the bunz constantly growing teeth usable--as are the grasses-ie timothy/orchard.-and very important as a non digestible-high fiber diet[gi tract]-movement...lagamorphs are strickly herbivores--a high fiber diet 70% is necessary,-however the pellets are considered soft food,need to have all the required vitamins/minerals daily--generally these pellets are alphalfa based-,this food is digestible,and with some treats is the basics for a good diet and helping the teeth and the gitract in tonus..,--just passing on 15 years of what my bunz taught me http://www.medirabbit.com sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa:love::wave:--apples are ok as a treat-caution remove the seeds-[arsenic]-lots to know

Back